Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Az Firebird East April 5th Roll Call
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Az Firebird East April 5th Roll Call

Re:Az Firebird East April 5th Roll Call 16 years, 1 month ago #672

Austin,
The old track record is a 1:10. I figure the new record will be at least sub 1:08.

Have fun the old #44.
BTW... If it formerly the war wagon... what is called now?
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Az Firebird East April 5th Roll Call 16 years, 1 month ago #682

April 29,2006 Firebird East Track
best time
mylaps.com - 99 Norman Hamden 25 28:43.883 1:07.471
The 1:07.471 was the lap record for SCCA done on Toyo's

During practice
mylaps.com - 99 >Norman Hamden < 1:07.030 5 67.134

Doug has the new track record for SCCA 1:07.055 on Goodyear tires - this will probably be SCCA's permanent record since they have gone to Toyo for a spec tire.

May 5, 2007 best time
mylaps.com - 23 Doug Nelson 20 24:37.906 1:07.055 5 67.109

So the fastest cars with the new Toyo's and cool air should be in the mid to low 7's. Who's it gonna be?

Wish I was going to be there! On the 5th Porsche Club UAE is paying 500 dirhams to instruct for 4 hours. On the 4th I am working for Farrari Owner's Club. I will try to take pictures, should be some really nice cars.

Update on beautiful woman, I went to the Dubai World Cup last night, the highest paying horse race in the world, $6,000,000, funny thing, I never saw a horse! Over 65,000 people and the tradition is for woman to wear really nice dresses with a hat and drink $500 bottles of champaign like it's water, by midnight, I lost count of how many of these woman were literally falling down drunk and everybody is laughing about it, including the woman! This "party" was on thousands of acres with several bands, DJ's, international food courts and somewere there is a horse race track that I never saw. Again, I will try to down load pictures or just bring them back when I return. I may be racing with you guys in early May! Hope the pack rats haven't eaten my car!
Norman #99

Re:Az Firebird East April 5th Roll Call 16 years ago #683

I'll be there but I don't know if I will be racing, just depends if the car is fixed in time. On top of everything else my clutch started slipping big time a PIR during the Sunday SCCA race. It's going to the shop tomorrow and hopefully it will be done, if not I'll be other there in my black 944S.

Steve Marlow
Steve Marlow
944 Spec #47x
NASA Certified Instructor
NASA AZ Licensing Director
2012 AZ Region 944 Spec Champion
Last Edit: 16 years ago by spec944#74.

Re:Az Firebird East April 5th Roll Call 16 years ago #694

Steve,
Sorry to hear that. Did you ever get that noise issue fixed. I remember you having an issue. I wonder if that is part of the reason for the clutch issues?
Joe Paluch

Re:Az Firebird East April 5th Roll Call 16 years ago #695

norman#99 wrote:
April 29,2006 Firebird East Track
best time
mylaps.com - 99 Norman Hamden 25 28:43.883 1:07.471
The 1:07.471 was the lap record for SCCA done on Toyo's

During practice
mylaps.com - 99 >Norman Hamden < 1:07.030 5 67.134

At least I know Norm won't have the NASA record at Firebird east this year.

Lets see how thinks go. I remember numbers in that range when I posted the sub 1:08 laps. We will see what happens on Saturday. Sounds like you are having a good time over there.
Joe Paluch

Re:Az Firebird East April 5th Roll Call 16 years ago #700

I am not so sure I would have gotten a track record this year anyway! It's wide open for you guys to grab.

Speaking of fun, my friend Jan (yon) the Belgium rally champion knows a lot of racer from all over the world, he has been involved with racing for 25 years. Last night we met some of his German friends at a middle eastern restaurant for dinner and to smoke the Hookah, (sheesha) real flavored tobacco, not the wacky weed!!! One of his friends is Nicole (very hot) who works for BMW F1's team and is here for the race in Bahrain on Sunday, they know these drivers personally and have some really good stories on them. Nicole says that they are all like kids and F1 starts training these drivers at a very young age to act a certain way to portray themselves as family oriented normal people and in reality they are not at all. Probably wouldn't be propper to post their personal stories here, but that was soooo cool to hear first hand stories on these guys.

Have fun on the east track, if you have a good windsheild, I would tape as much of it as possible.
Norman #99
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, norman#99
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds