Sonoma Sept 27 & 28
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18167

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
So it turns out my problem Sunday was the left rear wheel bearing. Weird that it chose to freeze up under a red flag even before the car got warm but I'm glad it didn't happen while full speed thru 10!

Parts and tools are ordered and I should be ready for Porsches at the point.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18168

That is a strange failure time but it is good. Sounds like we both got away easy from what could have been. I'm very lucky that 911 induced spin didn't hurt my car worse (even though I'm still not happy that a jumped restart cost me that race) and it could have been very bad if you lost that bearing at speed.

I think I'll just chalk that one up in the books and go on to the next one.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18169

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I think your spin scared me more than you! All I saw was you sliding one way, Jim the other and a 911 in the middle! Trying to guess which way to go didn't work out too good for me last time so I was having flashbacks of long nights rebuilding a wrecked race car!

I have to say that's probably one of the few times a spin at 9 only cost somebody a bumper shock!

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18170

Was anyone running video? I wasn't unfortunately - forgot my GoPro that session.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18171

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
I may have video from behind. I think I caught you going across the dirt.

We all got off lightly that weekend. I just need a new bumper shock after losing it in turn 10 and ending up sideway in track without hitting anything.

I will try to go through what video I have soon.
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18172

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
It did look to me that something fishy happened on the restart. I was trying to figure out whether they had dropped the green or not?
Jason Jane
Norcal
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds