Username Password: Remember me

Why are you in this class?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Why are you in this class?

Re: Why are you in this class? 9 years, 5 months ago #18768

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
I have some idea of what I am looking at but not an expert by any stretch of the imagination when it comes to data.

I would be happy to look at anyones info and give an opion. It will be worth exactly what you will pay for it
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Why are you in this class? 9 years, 5 months ago #18772

We use WiFiLapper in our '87 924S at chumpcar races. Obviously have to have a wifi connection, but, the downloaded telemetry to our PC enables us to improve our lap times. Recently at the 2014 Chumpionship in Las Vegas last weekend,as a noob wheel to wheel driver, my first 2 hour stint was a DE, but the next day, after reviewing braking, speed, etc., and listening to the two more experienced drivers, I was competitive and actually did some racing. My HPDE experience will improve from 2 to 3 to 4 in the near future! Hopefully~!

Re: Why are you in this class? 9 years, 4 months ago #18795

• tcomeau
I'm hearing similar stories about why people are in THIS PARTICULAR class and most seem to be consistent with the foundation laid down at the beginning. If you value this class, help keep it from becoming like some others.
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!

Re: Why are you in this class? 9 years, 4 months ago #18837

Hello, it's me again, the F.N.G. I haven't been lurking, I've been WORKING.

I haven't logged in for a couple of weeks but Lo and Behold! The post I've been looking for the whole time!

Six pages of history, help and reasons to race in this class. Thank you all for taking the time to write stuff down.

I'm an outsider here, looking in. I have purchased a well-built race car specifically to race in a 944 class. 944spec, GTS or Pro44, I don't know yet. I have to find out how many events are in the Pacific Northwest. I haven't even got my license yet.

Why did I pick this class/car?

1. Spec-class racing (skill above equipment)
2. Like minded individuals (competitive yet friendly)
3. Low cost (?)
4. Porsche!

My racing history:
Twenty years of off-road motorcycle racing in Desert and Enduro. This kind of racing has nothing to do with equipment or cheating, it's all about the rider. That's why spec racing appeals to me, it's all about the driver. (Should be anyway)
I've also organized and refereed National events for years.
I'm fifty now, can't compete at expert level on a bike anymore, it hurts.

For the past ten years I've been tracking my 250hp '84 Carrera and have developed a taste for the four wheel stuff. Did four Chumpcar races this year, I'm hooked.

My 944 car was built by a NASA director who knows the rules. When the licensing and track days show up in the spring, I'd like meet some of you guys to go over the car. Make sure it's not a cheater and such. I'd rather be slow and legal than fast and shameful.

Thanks again, see you soon!
1973 Porsche 914 2.0
1984 Porsche Carrera 3.2
1989 Porsche 944-spec racecar

Re: Why are you in this class? 9 years, 4 months ago #18839

• tcomeau
Hey Grenade tosser,
Get together with our other new PacNorWest guys and start attending events even if you don't have your own car ready.
Good luck and we're here to help you along.
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!

Re: Why are you in this class? 9 years, 4 months ago #18841

Thanks Tim, I will actively search for PNW friends.

How about right now? Could anyone from Thunderhill or even Laguna Seca north to Pacific Raceway send me a PM/contact. Right now I'm looking for licensing and series options.

Grenade tosser, Gnadenstoss. Funny how close English is to German, Meinst du nicht?

Cheers
1973 Porsche 914 2.0
1984 Porsche Carrera 3.2
1989 Porsche 944-spec racecar
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds