Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

sub-belt mounting question (sorry!)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: sub-belt mounting question (sorry!)

Re: sub-belt mounting question (sorry!) 13 years ago #10251

In the directions that I've seen, you only want to cross the belts if the attachment point is quite far back from the shoulder. I don't remember what the spec was, but if the belts are attached to the cage crossbar right behind the seat, you don't want to cross the shoulder harnesses.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: sub-belt mounting question (sorry!) 13 years ago #10252

• cgktexas
  • Senior Racer
Sterling Doc wrote:
In the directions that I've seen, you only want to cross the belts if the attachment point is quite far back from the shoulder. I don't remember what the spec was, but if the belts are attached to the cage crossbar right behind the seat, you don't want to cross the shoulder harnesses.

Schroth says:

Shoulder belt mountings located more than 200 mm [8”] from the back of the user’s seat or angled upwards are not good restraint practice and are most strongly discouraged. If longer belts are used, the inside edges of the belts should be still closer together at their mounting points, even touching or crossing, but both belt and HANS® performance are severely compromised.
Shoulder belts should be crossed when the anchor points are more than 500mm [20“] behind the seatback.
Curt King
Flying Penguin Racing
an OtterHouseProduction (www.otterhouseproductions.com)
Rockwall, TX
#14 1987 944 Spec - in work (and getting closer)
For His Glory Ministry
Lake Pointe Church
Upper Room Dallas
TJT
Autism Speaks

Re: sub-belt mounting question (sorry!) 13 years ago #10253

I used split ring collars on my harness cross bar to ensure the should straps do not seperate. This keeps them close together and allows the HANS to work better.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds