Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Weltmiester Sway Bar parts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Weltmiester Sway Bar parts

Re: Weltmiester Sway Bar parts 12 years, 11 months ago #10870

Thank you Steve for the detailed reply!

I have the sway bar to control arm link (rectangular piece), the sleeves that connect the metal bar to the frame (just was a bad picture).

The PDF instructions for the early bar dont show or mention the shorter thick metal bar you have pictured, just the "bushing base" marked D. Link to download: thedge.info/rennlist/weltmeisterbars/weltbar.pdf

Im just wondering if the early bar didnt have that piece at all. From the looks of it (picture 4 helps me a lot!) I just need to fabricate the plastic black bushings and cut the metal sandwich plates for the a-arms.

Should I use delrin to remake the black plastic pieces? Jerry or anyone with an early bar can you tell me how thick those sandwich plates are (marked X on the instructions).

Thanks again.
85.5 944 Spec #51 - Midwest
86 951

Re: Weltmiester Sway Bar parts 12 years, 11 months ago #10871

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Quick measurement with a ruler (my calipers are in the trailer) shows them to be about 3/16th
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Weltmiester Sway Bar parts 12 years, 11 months ago #10872

Thanks Jerry!
85.5 944 Spec #51 - Midwest
86 951

Re: Weltmiester Sway Bar parts 12 years, 11 months ago #10874

If anyone has any luck in finding replacement parts, please let us know. I contacted Performance Products a while back for a couple of new U shaped bushings brackets. No one called back with the info. I welded my broken one.

I have done business with Jason at Paragon for many years and have alwasys had great service from him.

Jim Richmond
SoCal
Jim Richmond
Capt Squid

Re: Weltmiester Sway Bar parts 12 years, 11 months ago #10875

JerryW wrote:
Thanks for answering Steve - Nice clear way of showing the differences.

Nice Steve. I knew the end links to the arms were different, but did not know about the chassis mounts being different as well. Hmmm...
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: Weltmiester Sway Bar parts 12 years, 11 months ago #10879

Yes I'm listening. Quite frankly I don't recall what I was supposed to do in this instance but I do know I've tried to help folks with component parts quite a bit since Ecklers bought out Performance products. If you think that change has been difficult for the consumer imagine our frustration in dealing with a product we've sold since day one 17 years ago. Ecklers is a Corvette company so for them to know the difference between a 911 and a 944 was difficult at first. Add to that the fact that they changed all the part numbers for the component pieces for the sway bar kits. Chuck and I have cheat sheets with part numbers for every item on the kits, but suddently those part numbers don't mean squat to the folks at Ecklers. Imgagine trying to describe a drop link rubber bushing to someone who has never seen or installed one of these kits. The pieces we've been able to help folks with have come from a "spare parts" bin that has developed over the last 17 years. I've disabled sway bar kits to sell pieces...that makes no sense business wise, but I've done it. We are now backordered from Weltmeister on all the 944 sway bars...early and late. Short and sweet, it's a disaster.

None of that excuses my dropping the ball on some of you. We've had a hard time getting info out of Weltmeister and an even harder time getting inventory. Certainly the whole 944 Spec world has been something we've tried to support...both with the items we sell as well as our $ through give aways and support. If you need a Weltmeister part...and your willing to let me try again, please email me at jason@paragon-products.com and put "Weltmeister Parts Needed" as your subject line. Friday is a good day for me to dig through the spare parts bin.

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds