Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

944 Engine for Endurance racing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 944 Engine for Endurance racing

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 8 months ago #13555

I think it is all able to cross over but you can research using Porsche's PET program. You can download it from Porsche here:

www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservic...ginalpartscatalogue/
The following user(s) said Thank You: karbuf

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 8 months ago #13556

The Turbo clutches are slightly bigger. They may fit with some clearancing, but I don't think it's bolt in.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 7 months ago #13743

• JB3
  • Junior Racer
Eric is correct re clutch etc. Slight differences between turbo and na - not worth the headaches.

FWIW, some folks are even of the opinion the accusump is way overkill and of questionable utility. I don't see motors spinning the #2 rod bearing any more often without as with. And about 3 weeks ago saw a #2 fail WITH an accumsump but without the other stuff.

If you drill a late crank it needs to be balanced. That seems to get lost sometimes.
'JB'

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 7 months ago #13840

• karbuf
  • Comp School
Yep.. Good advice on keeping with NA clutch!

Couple more random Q's:
1. Limited slip diff..? CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS ? ... I just got the code off my transmission.. This is an 88 model.. the code is "5Z 11087" .. My understanding from the workshop manual is that this has a limited slip diff. Can anyone verify this?

Thanks...

2. Stock Flywheel: there are a couple small headless bolts sticking out about an 1/8th inch on the edge of my flywheel.. What are these and should they be sticking out that far? Are they supposed to be adjusted??

Thanks,
tim........
Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by karbuf. Reason: Got code off transmission

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 7 months ago #13841

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
Those are your reference points for your reference sensors to read. They give crankshaft position info to the DME computer so it knows when to fire the injectors and plugs.
Old Racer!

Re: 944 Engine for Endurance racing 11 years, 7 months ago #13844

• karbuf
  • Comp School
Just answered my own question.. found the option codes sticker in rear hatchback compartment. Confirmed option "220"... Limited Slip Differential.

M220 - LOCKING DIFF 40 % !
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds