Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Some build ideas to run by the group...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Some build ideas to run by the group...

Re: Some build ideas to run by the group... 11 years, 7 months ago #13674

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
Yep, I want to get down to 2600# if possible so I am somewhat more competitive. I recognize that it will be near impossible and certainly not in a balanced way, meaning it will come off pretty fast in the back of the car but not so much in the front.

Adding insult to injury, I am over 200# myself and 6'1" tall so that will add to the issue.

Anybody know if we can use 944 Turbo manifolds? They are much lighter...

norman#99 wrote:
I weigh about 155, when I got the car, it was stripped, I had to add about 50 pounds, so I did it with comfort items, I insulated the fire wall, sun roof, hump in the floor where the torque tube runs, also the floors under the seats, added a full dash, race passenger seat, some carpet, door windows that are attached to straps so I can remove them easily (8 pounds each) I also have a normal street muffler when tested at a local track, was 91db. So the car is nice for driving around town or road trips, I haven't noticed a difference in lap times with the muffler, but I haven't dyno'd it yet for comparison.

When you say, you want to make weight, do you mean that you want to get down to 2600? I am sure you will be a good bit over that number with all that your leaving on the car. You know you can weigh as much as you want, just not under 2600.
Old Racer!

Re: Some build ideas to run by the group... 11 years, 7 months ago #13677

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
So here is the WTB that you will NOT hear from a SPEC builder for a long time to come I am sure....WANTED all removed A/C hoses, drier etc... for an 86'+ car....YES I NEED A/C parts!

I have a compressor/belt/mount and all the under dash goodies but all the hoses, drier, accumulator, condenser etc.. I need.

Appropriately priced for a SPEC racer of course... I am assuming that I will be at least a second faster being cool as I race

Thanks in advance!
Old Racer!
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds