Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Harness advise
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Harness advise

Re:Harness advise 15 years, 9 months ago #1898

I would recommend looking at FIA approved belts as they are good for 5 years instead of 2. There is very little difference in price and it is good for over twice as long. As for Hans specific belts I don't see the need to spend extra on them. I use a Hans with 3" OMP belts and do not have any issues. My supplier for my safety equipment is factory trained by Hans and says that they recommend the use of 3" belts.

Re:Harness advise 15 years, 9 months ago #1899

Gary_44 wrote:
Do I read that right? An SFI 16.1 can be used with any head restraint, SFI 16.5 I'm limited to only HANS?

Yep,
16.1 is the standard 3" belt. 16.5" are "Hans specific" and have 2" wide section where the ride over the HANS. Those belts are only allowed if a HANS is used. The 3" can be used with either HANS or not. I use 3" belt. I also got ones with FIA approval. The reason is that SFI belts are good for only 2 years before the "expire". If they are also FIA rated then you get to used them for 5 years. Most belts are good for 5-10 years if you treat them right so gettings with an FIA tag gets you alot more useful life from them. I spent $300 on a set of Schroth FIA belts a few years ago. Expensive belts, but very very nice. When these expire at the end of next year I will probably get another set of these belts.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Harness advise 15 years, 9 months ago #1903

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Got it. Thanks again!
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds