Username Password: Remember me

Exhaust questions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Exhaust questions

Re:Exhaust questions 15 years ago #4150

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
hey joe, i think with the softer sounding cars, there is a downside also from a driving perspective. when i am in traffic around loud cars, i actually have trouble hearing my own exhaust when downshifting and it's hard to get the revs right. i suppose i wish my car were a bit louder but not open exhaust. i don't know what muffler i have, my brother put it on and he can't remember what brand it is.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re:Exhaust questions 15 years ago #4152

The only time I have every had issues hearing my engine is at the start of a race. I have over the years ran to the limiter. However being aware of that on the run to the start I always take note of the RPM and watch it closely as I go green and that seems to work.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Exhaust questions 15 years ago #4158

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
rlofgren wrote:
hey joe, i think with the softer sounding cars, there is a downside also from a driving perspective. when i am in traffic around loud cars, i actually have trouble hearing my own exhaust when downshifting and it's hard to get the revs right. i suppose i wish my car were a bit louder but not open exhaust. i don't know what muffler i have, my brother put it on and he can't remember what brand it is.

That was the diffuculty I had. The magnaflow mufflers sound great and are not restrictive but more expensive.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds