Username Password: Remember me

Back on car
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Back on car

Re:Back on car 14 years, 11 months ago #4274

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
I can relate, my build has slowed to a crawl due to finances/medical issues. Glad it's working out for you.

Thats a stout looking cage, but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the NASA CCR say a 2nd door bar is required now?
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Back on car 14 years, 11 months ago #4276

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
and don't forget the Head Neck Restraint on your list. Fairly big expense but mandatory and wrothwhile.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Back on car 14 years, 11 months ago #4287

Yes to be NASA race legal all new cages and new cars need 2 door bars. You will need to add one more to race. You are fine for DE with that.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Back on car 14 years, 11 months ago #4296

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
i had a tube frame corbeau that even had the fia certification in my 944spec, and the tech guy at the track said it wasn't legal. he specifically said that he would not accept tube frame seats for road racing.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re:Back on car 14 years, 11 months ago #4303

• LVkid76
  • Junior Racer
Yeah I learned from Tim Meyer here in Las vegas that I need 2 door bars.

Question: Can the next door bar be a hinge attachment to open with the door for easier getting in and out. Does not say. We can in drag racing but not sure here.

Yes Tim meyer has been helping answer any questions I have.
My goal is to just run it on the track this year at the open track days at spring mountain. I would like to start racing next year. But I dont want to go out and piss off people without learning a little.

Have plenty of people wanting to teach me.
Tim meyer and Tony mazagatti from
carls place here in Las vegas are helping me. Sold me the car to get into racing.

Plus I read everything you all post to keep up with stuff.
This weekend is painting alot of stuff.

Re:Back on car 14 years, 11 months ago #4304

I don't believe some moveable door bar would pass race tech. I do think a bar bolt in and bolt out might be ok if it were to model something like a bolt in cage. Remeber the idea of 2 door bars is to put the load from t-bone in to two bars creating mor protection that one. When installed it needs to be secure and capable of absorbing lots of load.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds