(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Build updates and pics...

Re:Build updates and pics... 14 years, 9 months ago #5014

Woo Hoo ! Great news !

Re:Build updates and pics... 14 years, 9 months ago #5016

• Big Dog
  • Banned
You might want to rethink the ride height at 5 1/2 inches. Many of us are at 4 to 4 1/2 inches.

Reindexing before you corner balance might be a good idea. If you get it down to about 4 1/4 inches with the spring plates in the middle, you can then use the spring plates to adjust it up and down from there as part of your corner balance.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:Build updates and pics... 14 years, 9 months ago #5018

I agree with BD, I am still @ 5 1/2 and while I have had some success with my current setup, one can't deny that I might have more with a lower center of gravity. I would have set mine up originally with the lower ride height but I have 10" springs up front and this is as low as I can get it. 8" springs will be on the way in a few weeks and re-indexing the torsion bars will be done to get down around 4-4 1/2. Then it will be back up on the scales for x-weighing.
MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion

Re:Build updates and pics... 14 years, 9 months ago #5033

• Big Dog
  • Banned
You are correct. 10 inch springs don't work with lower heights.

You may need to cut your bump stops on the front as well. I cut about half of the angled part and half of the full part to still get some softer portion working before they compress into the full section. I have no idea if that is best, it is just what seemed to make sense to me at the time.

If anyone needs any 10 inch springs, I HAVE SOME!

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds