Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines!

Re:Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines! 14 years, 4 months ago #6449

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
rlofgren wrote:
i thought they were different early and late. last time i ordered from paragon products, they asked me which calipers i had. now i remember, it was something about male vs. female, not the weird cupped vs. open end thing you have. strange.

To me, those look like what could be called male and female ends, so it might be the same issue.
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec

Re:Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines! 14 years, 4 months ago #6450

I'm not sure... I was able to surmise that the later model calipers had male fittings sticking out of them (not sure about the flare), so the lines have female fittings on both ends. THIS is weird...

Could I have late model calipers with a male-male fitting removed out of them that should be there?

If any one else might have an idea what calipers I have, please pipe in.

Thanks
-Anthony
'87 BMW 325is SpecE30 #003
Instructor for: BMWCCA, PCA, Chin Motorsports, Street Survival
AnthonyMagagnoliRacing.com <<>> DTROneLap.com <<>> MyTrackSchedule.com

Drive Faster Now

Re:Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines! 14 years, 4 months ago #6477

UPDATE: Pelican parts sourced their lines from Precise Lines, but were receiving them with the wrong fittings for the front lines. They're refusing to take them back since I installed the rear lines, but I'm fighting this. I either want Precise Lines to send me the correct front lines, or I wasn Pelican to take the whole set back. Only seams reasonable when it was THEIR screw up.

FYI: Paragon Products carries the correct lines and has been very helpful.
-Anthony

Drive Faster Now

Re:Do I have weird calipers in my '84? Need SS Lines! 14 years, 4 months ago #6478

Another Update. Pelican has come through and agreed to accept the return on the lines. They have also ensured that no one else has received the faulty lines. I just ordered the correct set.
-Anthony

Drive Faster Now
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds