Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Painless Wiring
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Painless Wiring

Re: Painless Wiring 13 years, 6 months ago #8410

• kevo
  • Drivers Ed
I've got an early car but I assume it's still possible. I figure just putting everything on individual switches is ok as apposed to using relays. I'm still learning and trying to figure the easiest, most reliable way. The quicker I get it sorted the earlier you'll have one more in the field. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also plan to be @ Road Atlanta Nov. 5 weekend and would love to meet some of you "veterans". Please get me info so I can seek you out.

Re: Painless Wiring 13 years, 6 months ago #8415

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Relays are nice but not required. Be sure to use HD switches like Cole Hersey. They are pricey but worth it. Use a HD push button for the starter. Do not skimp on this. You can get prewired panels from most stock car supply places.
Install a digital dash like Mychron (w/o data aq) to get all your gauges in one package. Way cheaper than buying all quality gauges and you get warning lights and programable shift lights too.

If someone has the info please post a wiring diagram of a simplified harness.

USE AUTOMATIC RESETING CIRCUIT BREAKERS!!!!! These are inexpensive and will let you start car once it has cooled down from an overload situation. A fuse or manual breaker will not let you do this. The auto ones will fit into a standard ATC fuse holder.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Painless Wiring 13 years, 6 months ago #8416

• kevo
  • Drivers Ed
Excellent info!! Thanks a lot!!

Re: Painless Wiring 12 years, 6 months ago #11603

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
I tried the link for the wiring and it didn't work. Any chance on posting the wiring diagram again?

Thanks

Re: Painless Wiring 12 years, 6 months ago #11605

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
took all unneeded wiring out of car and cleaned out fuse box and droppend about 25 lbs of weight that tended to be up high. Included taking out steeringlock and key start and replacing with toggle switch. The simpler the better so as to reduce the poten tial electrical problem that kills a race weekend. So far my problems have been minimal outside of the starter was wired always on for awhile which would drain battery in about an hour. If wiring going out consider taking out dashboard if not done already. More high useless weight and fire hazzard. Replace with aluminium

Re: Painless Wiring 12 years, 6 months ago #11606

Here you go:

Last Edit: 12 years, 6 months ago by 944Racer72.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds