Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

NEW CAR BUILD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: NEW CAR BUILD

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 4 months ago #9161

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
This past Tue 12-14-10, I went to see Nick over at Bennington Motorsports to check on my engine and finish paying him the ballance. They are mirical workers there. Low and behold when I walked in the door there was my engine, all back together and waiting to be run-in.

PIC_6325_2010-12-16.JPG

PIC_6373.JPG

Also there was Eric's new car getting it's cage installed by Matt. WOW this guy can weld!!!! It's almost as nice as my cage.

PIC_6312.JPG

PIC_6318.JPG

If any of you guys have your 944 at Bennington Motorsprots to be stored, it wasn't me who cut your wireing up or turned the heat down so the water in your engines would freeze. Thats a joke!! LOL
The last pic is an old Indy car sitting in the back corner. Cool!!!

PIC_6357.JPG

I also picked up 2 new steel A arms and ball joints
Engine and parts cost $3100 Total car cost $4066.99

PIC_6382.JPG

We are now up to date and current with pics and prices. I will try my best to keep posting untill finished. Next up is cleaning up the interior and painting it. In the next month or so we'll be having an engine install party. Stay tuned for more info.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 4 months ago #9166

Wow, very nice, and CLEAN build, on budget! It will be great to finally get you out in W2W! Nick & I are working on a date for a build party to get your motor in.

I think it's awesome that Nick is running the motors in on a stand, before sending them out - makes them a known quantity going into the car. Sounds like you got a great deal for the motor and the parts all for $3,100!

I heard you're springing for one of Nick's dashes, too - should make for a very well turned out car!

I'm looking forward to picking up my car at Nick's soon as well. You're build is a bit ahead of mine, but I have lots of help and experience to help close the gap!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 4 months ago #9168

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
Wow, looks good - it's always fun to look at pics of a racecar-in-progress!

With the engine out, now would be a good time to cover any holes in the firewall and seal them with a fire-retardant material (in case you haven't done that already).
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 4 months ago #9174

• JB3
  • Junior Racer
Sterling Doc wrote:
... I heard you're springing for one of Nick's dashes, too ...

Did someone say 'dashes'? Pictures? Looking to source a dash or a good idea for one.
'JB'

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 4 months ago #9175

My dash build from my last car is shown in the "budet build" thread stickied on the top of this forum. Nick at Bennington fabricates some nice, cost effective dashes, with a full gauge package optional. He's at www.BENMS.com
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: NEW CAR BUILD 13 years, 4 months ago #9176

I took the stock dash and stripped all of the padding, foam, and cover from it. The result weighs about 8 LBs. I then cut that in half for about a 4LB dash. I have some Longacre gauge panels and switches that mount in the original gauge area and the switches mount where the vents used to be.

I've got it all apart now for the re-wire but I'll have some pics up soon.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds