Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Just another 87 Spec car build
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Just another 87 Spec car build

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 6 months ago #11840

only had enough time tonight to install the intake, aos line that i made from some 19/32" pvc hose from O'Reilys. Thursday a couple friends are coming to hang out and i'll have time "off" to work on the motor. Only thing im missing to start is some fuel lines as my compression fittings from my paurtuning lines are missing some pieces. Waiting on my rennbay.com fuel lines and some rad. hoses.

102611031.JPG

102611032.JPG
"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting."

Follow my blog at danj944spec.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: 12 years, 6 months ago by xsboost90.

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 6 months ago #11841

102611032.JPG

102611031.JPG

only had enough time tonight to install the intake, aos line that i made from some 19/32" pvc hose from O'Reilys. Thursday a couple friends are coming to hang out and i'll have time "off" to work on the motor. Only thing im missing to start is some fuel lines as my compression fittings from my paurtuning lines are missing some pieces. Waiting on my rennbay.com fuel lines and some rad. hoses.

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 6 months ago #11875

well i managed to install the fuel rail, wiring, vac lines and get the throttle body on w/ the J boot. I stopped by a local 944 parts guy and picked up a new shock bolt,nice jboot, coil braket and a brand new bosch ignition coil for $40!!

securedownload_2011-10-30.jpg

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 5 months ago #11963

got to it again tonite and got her fired up! Finally received the last pieces to install my Paurman fuel lines and a couple coolant hoses. Filled the radiator with some water, drop the battery and starter in and cranked it over. Initially had no oil pressure but this was due to the amount of assembly lube i used and the cold temps here lately. Gave the motor a small rev and oil pressure popped right up to five. Definitely loud w/ just a header though, prob. should install an exhaust. No oil, ps or coolant leaks!! Did have the o-ring on the fuel regulator start puking fuel but a new o-ring and it was good to go.

Also managed to get the struts, spindles and rotors on tonite, new outer tie rods and put my 30mm swaybar into place. Also decided to remove the e-brakes so i started pulling that stuff out of the rear trailing arm. More to come, cant wait to drive this thing.

engine11311.JPG

photo.JPG

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 5 months ago #11972

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Lookin' good!
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: Just another 87 Spec car build 12 years, 5 months ago #12032

pulled my calipers all apart last week and sent them out for sand blast. This week i painted them graphite, cleaned everything up and installed the new seals and installed them. Now the brakes and clutch are bled out and working great, time to get the axels in, trans fluid changed and start working on the exhaust. Then body!

brakebuild.jpg

caliperspeccar.jpg

brakecaliperspec.jpg

Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by xsboost90.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds