Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Need a name and nickname sticker person.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Rocky Mountain Region

www.nasarockymountain.com/

TOPIC: Need a name and nickname sticker person.

Re:Need a name and nickname sticker person. 16 years, 1 month ago #169

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
Im all for the names in the front windows, ive seen plenty of other 944 guys do it and its not going to be huge or right dab in the middle like a fig newton. As far as rear nicknames, why not? I dont really see ourselves as "professional" and were sponsored because of the large number of drivers we have, and we have the large numbers because we do fun stuff, like nicknames. but thats just me and it doesnt really matter if we all do it.

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re:Need a name and nickname sticker person. 16 years, 1 month ago #172

I just read through all this and I don't get it. I'm racing with 944 Spec for one reason, to have fun. Chuck has been doing a great job of making this FUN and not so hard on the pocketbook.

If we want to run nicknames, then we should. If the Synder Motorsports cars or anyone else don't want to run them, let them be the fuddy duddys.
We are just a bunch of guys and gals having fun in some pretty cheap race cars.

I don't have a problem doing anything that has been suggested and don't think that anything that has been suggested would look "unprofessional" since we are not professionals.
David Wright
#96 944 Spec
NASA Rocky Mountain HPDE 2 Group Leader

Re:Need a name and nickname sticker person. 16 years, 1 month ago #173

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
AvantAddict wrote:
If the Synder Motorsports cars or anyone else don't want to run them, let them be the fuddy duddys.

Dave, you've already provoked the wrath of Chris (don't worry, he's all talk), do you really want Team "Fuddy Duddy" gunning for you too?

BTW... even the pro's have nicknames and display them. Check out what Formula 1's "Iceman" had done: www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=52964498&epmid=2
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Need a name and nickname sticker person. 16 years, 1 month ago #174

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
It seems pretty clear that if somebody wants to put something on their car (nickname, fancy paint job, sail, dead cow, etc), they will. If they don't, they won't. Somebody doesn't want to run something that somebody else does? OK, fine. What's the problem?

I don't think anyone will argue about the great job that Chuck has done of giving us a place to race that offers relatively cheap, fun racing, but I don't see that that's what this conversation is about. It's about wanting to run something on the car or not wanting to run something on the car, which I guess is an encouraging sign, if that's the worst thing we have to disagree about with less than 3 weeks to go before the first event of the year.

On the upside, I guess it's nice to be racing in a group that feels free to talk openly about these things! It would be much worse, in my opinion, to be in a class where we all just show up at the track, race for 2 days, and then all disappear until the next event (all the while not pitting together or otherwise hanging out at the track). That's what 90% of racing classes out there are like, and I'm glad to not be in one of those.
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec

Re:Need a name and nickname sticker person. 16 years, 1 month ago #175

SvoChuck wrote:
I have ordered them for you ... I really do want this to be easy and fun for everyone.

I also have the LARGE NASA stickers for the rear 1/4, a few different colors of TOYO stickers, and I need more DART windshield banners.

Right on -- thanks Chuck!

As for nicknames, I have reconsidered my previous position, and have decided to resurrect a nickname given to me in high school as a "greenhorn" 9th grader (freshman initiation at a large public high school in West Virginia was/is no joke): there's a story behind it, to be shared at a later time, but the nickname was eventually shortened to lips. I'm a greenhorn in NASA RMR 944-spec, so why not?!
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by micahbones.

Re:Need a name and nickname sticker person. 16 years, 1 month ago #179

Lets see here we have "Dead Cow" = "meat" and "lips" hard to beat those ... lets see if they stick I did have a second one for Micah but we will need to wait ...
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds