Here's my setup:

Front:
-3.5 Camber
3.0 Caster
0mm Toe

Rear
-2.5 Camber
.1mm Toe

I haven't done much testing with it, but I think it'll be a decent setup.

-bj

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years ago #804

loftygoals wrote:
Here's my setup:

Front:
-3.5 Camber
3.0 Caster
0mm Toe

Rear
-2.5 Camber
.1mm Toe

I haven't done much testing with it, but I think it'll be a decent setup.

-bj

That looks like a good place to start. Will you run the same camber on both sides at Gateway ? I was thinking more right camber and less left ?

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years ago #808

Chuck,
Most of the Az races are at PIR using the combined oval and infield road course. Therefore we use turns 3 & 4 of the oval with 8 degree bank or something. None of run different camber setting on the one side of the car. Part of the reason for this that maximizing grip on the oval is not a primary concern. We are all flat out and accelerating or learning to that so we don't need more grip there. Where the cars need to work for us is in the infield and as such the cars respond best to normal alignment settigns. I am not sure how the banking is taken at Gateway, but if it is easy flat our or only slightly difficult flat out optimzing the car for that may not provide the best overall gains.

When it comes to tire wear we do not suffer excessive wear due to oval at PIR, but we do see more wear on that side as you would expect from a long left turn. In end just swaping left and right side tires the next day evens up the wear quite well.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years ago #809

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks for the great info Joe. I'll get on an oval road coarse yet. Gateway next year or PIR! I think you guys are a lot warmer this time of year and a little closer than Gateway.
Last Edit: 16 years ago by 944cer.

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years ago #810

yea we need to schedule a trip down there when it gets cold here...

Re:my PMP setup. 16 years ago #811

I'm in !!
Moderators: SvoChuck, dmdirks
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds