Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rules change discussion timeline
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rules change discussion timeline

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 6 months ago #5847

• JRichard
  • Senior Racer
I've replaced all the bits, bushings and tightened up all the linkages but lets face it, it still leaves a lot to be desired, I have a short shift kit that I pulled off the car to make it legal, it basically replaces the plastic peice with a heim joint like jim was suggesting, and it really does tighten everything up, I don't see any advantage over stock in shortening the throw, you can only rush a shift so much anyway, but it does thin up the gate which is the biggest improvement,the precision between the selectors...

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 6 months ago #5849

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Jim, I would like to see the short shift kit that you took out. If you can bring it to the Thanksgiving event, that would be great.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 6 months ago #5850

Same here. I would like to see it as well. I have never found the plastic in the lower part of the shift lever to be an issue. Th joint where the lever attaches to long black rod IS an issue and the linkages at the back on the tranny can wear and enlarge over time.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 6 months ago #5858

• JRichard
  • Senior Racer
I'll bring it in November, I think it could be modified to give a stock throw by adding a spacer I'll see what you guys think it looks pretty easy to knock off... Turns out the linkage front is similar to the 964 the cup setup for it replaces the ball/socket with a heim joint it would be an easy swap as well...I might try and fab something up, question would be if it leaves the throw but tightens the gate, is that against the spirit of the rules?

Re:Rules change discussion timeline 14 years, 6 months ago #5861

JRichard wrote:
...I might try and fab something up, question would be if it leaves the throw but tightens the gate, is that against the spirit of the rules?

This infact the intent of that rule. So are ok.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds