Username Password: Remember me

Body (6-10)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Body (6-10)

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6324

• F1rocks
  • Junior Racer
Sterling Doc wrote:
There are good arguements for Lexan, and they are being given serious consideration.

The 7lb delta between Lexan & glass is a good data point - thanks.

-----------
There are some 6'5" drivers in the RMR- they requested modifications to allow more headroom last year.

A sheet of aluminum is <$50, one time cost. Opening the door to the other things mentioned (coilovers ) is a whole 'nother price zipcode - not a valid comparison.

This rule has been well received, and is not up for debate.

Lexan will be debated on it's own merits.

Eric,
I'm not trying to debate the roof panel again, I understand that it is now a legal modification, I'm just trying to debate the point that I would have already paid for a installed lexan windshield with the price that I've paid for all the chipped and cracked glass. It too is an easy install. It gives a neglible weight gain, similar to the roof panel.

I've run only PCA up to this point, I don't know, maybe they are more stringent on glass but I have to run by NASA rules and hope that it's seriously considered as not a performance modification but something to help save money in the long run. If I were looking for the performance advantage I would have went with the roof panel already.

How about Lexan or roof panel but not both

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6325

Points taken - the 5 regional directors are hashing this out now, hopefully will have an answer soon.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6327

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
Wheres the, 924S' are allowed to put fender flares on the rear to allow for the same track width, rule?

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6348

Sterling Doc wrote:
There are good arguements for Lexan, and they are being given serious consideration.

The 7lb delta between Lexan & glass is a good data point - thanks.

-----------
There are some 6'5" drivers in the RMR- they requested modifications to allow more headroom last year.

A sheet of aluminum is <$50, one time cost. Opening the door to the other things mentioned (coilovers ) is a whole 'nother price zipcode - not a valid comparison.

This rule has been well received, and is not up for debate.

Lexan will be debated on it's own merits.

Good points Eric.

The question at hand is Lexan yes or no. For those that want lexan can you supply me with the thickness? 3/16 was said to be too thin so 1/4 inch. I that what you guys want to use? If so it will be glass or 1/4 lexan. No other options.

BTW... debate is still open as of this post.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6350

Chris wrote:
Wheres the, 924S' are allowed to put fender flares on the rear to allow for the same track width, rule?

Well too late...

It was something I considered putting the proposals for 2010 last year, but it slipped my mind this time around since nobody brought it up in the last 4-5 months at least.

At this point I think it is too late to try for 2010. The reason is that it requires some nuances and debate. I wan to get these cleared up ASAP. I have a race this weekend and want to bring these concepts to the guys who may not read these threads alot.

Once I get their take I will be finalizing these with the other directors and at this point I hope to share which ones have "passed" and which ones have not even if the wording may be 100% final. Then putitng actual works in the rules document. From there one more look by the regional directors and on to National for final approval. It will take some time to do all this so that is why the dicussion period is ending Nov 30th.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 14 years, 5 months ago by joepaluch.

Re:Body (6-10) 14 years, 5 months ago #6361

• F1rocks
  • Junior Racer
joepaluch wrote:

The question at hand is Lexan yes or no. For those that want lexan can you supply me with the thickness? 3/16 was said to be too thin so 1/4 inch. I that what you guys want to use? If so it will be glass or 1/4 lexan. No other options.

BTW... debate is still open as of this post.

Definitely 1/4 inch for me. I have 1/4" coated in my Turbo car, at 140+ it still flexes a little, I can't imagine what 3/16's would do.

Not that the N/A will come close to that speed anyhow....
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds