Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cooling System Rules Changes (4-5)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Cooling System Rules Changes (4-5)

Re:Cooling System Rules Changes (4-5) 14 years, 5 months ago #6213

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Looks good to me, but I'd want to make sure that #4 is not used in unintended ways, such as mounting the radiator lower or at an angle. Maybe add something that says it still has to touch the top of the radiator mount, has to be straight up and down, and maybe some limit on how many inches you can lower the bottom of the mount (ie make it enough to fit a turbo radiator, but not much more).
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Cooling System Rules Changes (4-5) 14 years, 5 months ago #6221

• tcomeau
I never liked the rule change regarding radiators. We don't need any bigger radiators to cool our cars. Stock is good. Allowing the bottom shelf to be modified would result in turbo or bigger radiators being installed which could result in temp/performance differences in longer races or hotter races.
This rule should be changed back to ONLY STOCK RADIATORS ALLOWED.
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!

Re:Cooling System Rules Changes (4-5) 14 years, 5 months ago #6225

y not turbo radiator?? sounds easy and probably about the same cost.
Rich Geisler 944spec#03 2009 AZ champion- Firebird raceway track record holder 1:12.031 Firebird east track record holder 1:06.452

Re:Cooling System Rules Changes (4-5) 14 years, 5 months ago #6227

• tcomeau
Just stated above. Uneven engine performance in hot weather.
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!

Re:Cooling System Rules Changes (4-5) 14 years, 5 months ago #6241

• Big Dog
  • Banned
These two proposals are all about protecting our engines. They are not about performance. There are reports of overheating issues in the RM region. I know that it is a concern in Az due to summer temps.

While I respect Tim's point about someone with a temperature issue having to slow down in a race, I don't want to beat someone for that reason. I want them to be able to race to their full potential and, then I want to beat them.

The purpose of these rules is to give those with heating issues more options than to "slow down" and, other than that very limited issue, they are NOT performance issues.

Jim
Jim Foxx

Re:Cooling System Rules Changes (4-5) 14 years, 5 months ago #6246

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Yes to both. I will have to replace my radiator at some point because it is showing it's age in bent fins and is just not cooling as well as it should. I'd like to have some options on a replacement radiator. Yes we do run hot here in the RM region and it is even worse when closely following a competator for a few laps.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds