Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Engine Related rules Changes (1-3)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Engine Related rules Changes (1-3)

Re:Engine Related rules Changes (1-3) 14 years, 5 months ago #6380

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
joepaluch wrote:
3) No... Some guys asked for Turbo valve springs. Now where are you? If Turbo's are ok how about other springs? Nah keep it stock.

I'm here.
The springs would help on over-rev. How many have missed a gear or shifted wrong?? If you say not me, then I call BS. Everyone does it once in a while. You might have gotten away with it so far but it will eventually bite you to the tune of expensive head work!! A stiffer valve spring would eliminate valve float on those missed shifts. There is no performance gain because of running all the other stock parts. In fact, one could argue that a stiffer spring would take away HP because it requires more energy to open a stiffer spring. If your a perfect shifter fine but let us non-perfect shifter's have peace of mind.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re:Engine Related rules Changes (1-3) 14 years, 4 months ago #6427

1. No, supply of engines parts is fine right now. if we see an issue then we can start to look at other alternatives.

2. Yes, (if I read this correctly). A fuel tht is given to us will prevent cheating. Here is how: if you are chipped, running high compresion, or otherwise modifying your motor to gain more ponies this street fuel will more than likely cause your car not to run right (at best) or cause damage to your motor (at worst). IMO I think that if you cheating then too bad you got caught or your motor was toasted because of it. follow the rules and you hjave nothing to fear. Comments regarding the "extra" cost. You will be spending that money on fuel anyways so the cost remains the same. comments regarding OEM spec fuel - running a higher octane won't hurt these cars at all so no worries there.

If we take this a step further - have everyone put $$ into a group fuel supply that a race official buys, dye the fuel (different colors each day). you will then have a way to check if some one is cheating by adding additives (which we don't need unless we are cheating) also you have to damaged motor incentive not to cheat or punishment for those who do.

3. If the #2 rule is put into place how I understand it sure why not? The fuel rule will keep people honest.

I don't think there is a "cheating" problem but as the saying goes - "trust but verify"
- Blake

1988 Black Spec-944 #141 - McDonald's
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds