Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Pit Bull Brawl 2016 - CMP - May 14-15
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/

TOPIC: Pit Bull Brawl 2016 - CMP - May 14-15

Re: Pit Bull Brawl 2016 - CMP - May 14-15 7 years, 11 months ago #20734

• AEvans
  • Junior Racer
kimballkc wrote:
AEvans wrote:
AgRacer wrote:
AEvans wrote:
Looks like I'll be there - just signed up

Heard you were the one who jumped on that discount code. I expect some form of thanks this week end to repay me.

Well this is getting a little uncomfortable... I'm hoping by "some form of thanks" you mean a beer...

Get a room you two!

Well played, sir! Hahaha
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: Pit Bull Brawl 2016 - CMP - May 14-15 7 years, 11 months ago #20743

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Event email below:

I hope everyone is ready for another awesome week end of racing! We have what looks to be a great group forming on CMP for round 5 of the 2016 season. There is a possibility of 10 944Spec racers in our group this week end and another 2 944Spec cars present doing shakedown runs in HPDE. Weather looks to be sunny with highs in the mid 80s and a slight breeze, almost the perfect forecast!

Be on the lookout for our two newest racers: Clark and Thomas. Both are on this email and I think already know others in our group but since I haven't met them yet, let be sure they make it into our paddock area.

944Fest Plug: Make plans to be at round 6 at Road Atlanta, 4-5 June, for 944Fest! I will have extra contingencies to give away just for the Saturday Double Points race including Toyo Tires, Hawk Brakes, Only944 Shifter Parts, and hopefully more. Plus, you will get to hang out with fellow 944 enthusiasts from all over the South! Go karts and a banquet will take place on Saturday evening at AMP which will be a great opportunity to sell the class to some potential track addicts!

www.944fest.com/

In case you missed round 2 at CMP, the track surface was worked on in the off season. What we refer to as the carousels along with a couple other sections of track were "ground down" to expose new pavement. This has yielded more grip in those sections allowing for higher corner speed through these key sections. I posted my fast lap from the last event in a link at the bottom of this email in case you want to study up.

Parking

I will be arriving at the track (hopefully) around lunch time on Friday to help coordinate parking. We will be trying out paddocking with the SE30 crew this week end so their Series Director (Gress) has agreed to help secure enough space for us in their area. He will be arriving early Friday morning. I am planning on 4 enclosed trailers plus enough space for the rest who like to work off their open trailers. This is a departure from our normal parking space, so if you get there Thursday evening or before anyone else on Friday, please move into the area next to the kart track labeled SE30.

nasa-se.com/i/paddocks/CMP.jpg

Food

Our 944Spec lunch chef is planning on cooking up some steak and chicken quesadillas for lunch on Saturday. We may also go in for some breakfast burritos if there is enough interest and we can convince our breakfast chef to warm the grill. We just won't let B. Evans do the grocery shopping! SE30 has also invited to all of their activities including Friday night festivities at some dude's house, and lunch on both days.

Tech

We have had close calls on the scales at CMP in the past so please make your way to the scales on your own before you get sent after an official session. You should expect to hit the scales after every Qualifying and Race session, so don't arrive and get surprised! There will also be one or two other things tech'd throughout the week end as I start to up the inspection process. My aim is not to single anyone out, but to ensure we are all playing as fairly as possible in accordance with the published rules. The dyno is also open for use and will likely be utilized as needed.

Entry List

1. Torgersen
2. Stanley
3. Stetson
4. Evans
5. Barber
6. Honcho
7. Crookston - Yet to register
8. Yousko
9. Kimball
10. Edridge - Rumored to be coming, yet to register

In the HPDE Pipeline

Clark
Thompson

J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Pit Bull Brawl 2016 - CMP - May 14-15 7 years, 11 months ago #20773

Got my Saturday race video up- disappointed in not being able to race Sunday, but hopefully June at RA will be an issue-free race for all of us!

Kyle Kimball

Orange 1984 944 #444

Re: Pit Bull Brawl 2016 - CMP - May 14-15 7 years, 11 months ago #20774

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
kimballkc wrote:
Got my Saturday race video up- disappointed in not being able to race Sunday, but hopefully June at RA will be an issue-free race for all of us!

But better safe then sorry when your oil pressure gauge drops to zero! Good on you for watching it. Others don't watch their gauges so closely and have paid the price. We had a lot of electrical issues with batteries and alternators. Kinda weird that everyone has having similar problems. Seems like we didn't have enough battery chargers to go around.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: Pit Bull Brawl 2016 - CMP - May 14-15 7 years, 11 months ago #20778

And for your enjoyment, my spin in Sunday qualifying-
Kyle Kimball

Orange 1984 944 #444

Re: Pit Bull Brawl 2016 - CMP - May 14-15 7 years, 11 months ago #20779

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
My traqmate session file from sunday qualifying which has my fastest lap of the week end at a 1:52.113.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 7 years, 11 months ago by AgRacer.
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds