Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

944Fest - June Jam 16 - Road Atlana - 4-5 June
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
944Spec Southeast Region Newsletter Sign Up!

madmimi.com/signups/334153/join

NASA Southeast Website

nasa-se.com/

Region Sponsored by Appalachian Race Tire.

www.racetire.com/

TOPIC: 944Fest - June Jam 16 - Road Atlana - 4-5 June

Re: 944Fest - June Jam 16 - Road Atlana - 4-5 June 7 years, 11 months ago #20812

JUSTMERACING wrote:
Brian Evans wrote:
Registered- racing, karting, dinner.

I am also signed up for all the events.

Even carting.

God help that cart.

I still remember that kart enduro we did at VIR a few years back with Jody & Fred- the only way we kept those punk kids from passing us was when the exhaust fell off and showered sparks all over the track!
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
Last Edit: 7 years, 11 months ago by Brian Evans.

Re: 944Fest - June Jam 16 - Road Atlana - 4-5 June 7 years, 10 months ago #20825

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
So I was able to update my leave from work. Im going to be heading down to Atlanta tomorrow after I get off work so our paddock area can be blocked off. I would think that 2 days ahead of the event should be enough lead time to secure our area.

Group 3 Dyno scheduling for this event can be done at the below Google calendar link. As of the time of this posting, they still have most time slots open for both Saturday and Sunday.

calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?s...kMTBjOWNmNmEzOTUzM2M
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: 944Fest - June Jam 16 - Road Atlana - 4-5 June 7 years, 10 months ago #20826

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Class event email was sent out last week end:

Get excited!

We are just over one week away from our big event in Atlanta. We have 14 944Spec racers registered for racing at June Jam! There is one holdout who has said he is coming but hasn't registered yet which would make 15. Most of the 15 are familiar faces with few returning to the Southeast from another region (Hurley, Simmons), as well as 1 new racer from Florida (Hursh) and 1 new racer who already joined us doing DEs at our last event (Clark). The former Southeast 944Spec Commander (Dearstyne) is also coming back to tame the beast that is Mike Honcho. 15 944Spec racers with 944Fest activities should make this event one to remember!

944Fest

944Fest has a separate registration page for Karting and Banquet payment at AMP. The karting registration period is winding down so if you haven't already registered, but want to join us on the kart track, you need to register ASAP! The direct link to the AMP Kart Track 944Fest registration page is below. The banquet is also a $15 fee which can be paid for via PayPal through the 944Fest registration page. We are still working out the details for a 944Fest group picture somewhere on Road Atlanta. Please remain flexible and ready so we can get everyone in the shot.

I would like for 944Spec to host the lunch at 944Fest in our area. I can take care of getting the food but would like donations from the racers to help cover the cost. The usual contribution will do for our normal lunch we do track side, but instead this time we will just bring in something like a couple of big subs. If anyone has a better idea for lunch, let me know!

Karting Registration
atlantamotorsportspark.rezdy.com/104498/944-karting-event

Banquet Registration
www.944fest.com/register.html

Parking

I have secured a parking assignment at the top of the hill in the area just in front of the Paddock Grill. Ever since we collapsed parking into one paddock at Road Atlanta, it has been a mess. I will do my best to get there as early as possible on Thursday to start roping off and shooing away the squatters. As far as Im concerned, we can spread out into all areas around the paddock grill so long as it is up against the fencing and we leave plenty of room for traffic to flow down into the paddock. This will give us good exposure to all coming to June Jam. We also need to leave a few spaces for parking just in front of the Paddock Grill. If anyone is able to get to the track on Wednesday/Thursday morning to be Parking Police, it would make things so much easier when the rest of us arrive. If you have an enclosed trailer, plan on parking it parallel to the fencing which backs up to HWY 53. If you have an open trailer, plan on parking up towards the exit gate where its labeled Open Trailer Parking. I would like to give all the 944Fest HPDE and cruise in participants the shaded area on the registration tower side of our area. I am expecting a need to fit 20 race cars and another 20 street cars in our area so please help us make the best use of the space.

nasa-se.com/i/paddocks/RoadAtlanta.jpg

Tech

I will have inspection labels available for sealing DMEs in time for this event. I will inspect everyone's DME with the owner present, and then once verified everything visually is as it should be, I will seal it up with a serialized tamper evident label. I will record the serial number and post it to the 944Spec forums for posterity. If for some reason you have to break the seal, you will need to get it re-inspected before re-use. This will allow us to just do a visual inspection of seals to verify stock DMEs and flush out any remaining aftermarket performance chips within our group. In order to cover the cost of the seals and labor, I would like a $1 donation to the Help a Ginger Stay Racing fund. We will discuss Torgersen's exact copy DME Chips and our solution at the event.

The dyno will again be available. I will send at least 3 cars to it at some point in the week end. Also, as a reminder, head to the scales before you get sent to the scales so you don't find a surprise.

Racing

The lightning race will be at 1:25 PM on Saturday for 33 minutes, and I'm happy to report that we will be the first field to take the green flag as a pure 944 field! If no other GTS1 cars sign up, I am going to invite John Mock and Larry Helm to join us in our field to add 2 more 944s to the group. Once the race is complete, we will be free to move to AMP for karting and the rest of the 944Fest activities. Contingencies will be based on finishing order, but the exact payout schedule is still TBD. However, based on the number of contributions I received from various vendors, I can just about guarantee that everyone will walk away from the banquet Saturday evening with something. I am still hoping for one or two more things to come in to round out the field. One thing is for sure, the following will be given out to 13 different racers.

1. Full set of Toyo Tires
2. Full set of Hawk Performance Brake Pads
3. Arnnworx Bearing Removal tool
4. Only944 Shifter
5. Only944 Shift Cover
6. Only944 Linkage
7. Arnnworx Sensory Pry Bar
8. Arnnworx Clutch Tool
9. Arnnworx Throttle Body Reseal Kit
10. Arnnworx Throttle Body Reseal Kit
11. JustTrackIt gift certificate
12. JustTrackIt gift certificate
13. JustTrackIt gift certificate

See everyone at Road Atlanta!
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: 944Fest - June Jam 16 - Road Atlana - 4-5 June 7 years, 10 months ago #20837

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Arrived at the track and have the signs posted securing our area. So far, only Clark is here and actually arrived before me. I was almost pissed until I found out it was one of the good guys parking where he was supposed to. I'll be here all day tomorrow playing parking fascist. See everyone at the track!
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: 944Fest - June Jam 16 - Road Atlana - 4-5 June 7 years, 10 months ago #20843

Many Thanks to Jason Stanley for putting on a great event and procuring all of the door prizes.

Re: 944Fest - June Jam 16 - Road Atlana - 4-5 June 7 years, 10 months ago #20847

Got my race video from Sunday uploaded, excited to take my first win!

Very good event this weekend, thanks Jason for the extra contingencies and trophies.
Kyle Kimball

Orange 1984 944 #444
Moderators: AgRacer
Banner
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds