Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Feb 13/14 race weekend at Chuckwalla
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Feb 13/14 race weekend at Chuckwalla

Re: Feb 13/14 race weekend at Chuckwalla 8 years, 2 months ago #20398

I will be in HPDE 3, and plan on arriving before 5pm Friday. We can't get in earlier than that. Keith Jones and I will be in a 40 foot Winnebago Vectra. Wonder if anyone else will be in line at that point to get in? We can try and set up a 944 Spec corral if they let us; reserve spots.

Re: Feb 13/14 race weekend at Chuckwalla 8 years, 2 months ago #20412

Great fun racing with you Las Vegas and SoCal 944 Spec guys! Lots of good close, clean racing.

Video from Saturday's Small Bore race:

Saturday's race ended on a FCY, so it's been abbreviated.

Video from Sunday's Small Bore race:

#124, 1987 924S Spec racer
1988 Turbo S
Last Edit: 8 years, 2 months ago by KDJones2000.

Re: Feb 13/14 race weekend at Chuckwalla 8 years, 2 months ago #20420

Another fun weekend at CVR with SoCal and Nevada folks joining in with the AZ gang. This has become one of my favorite races of the year, hope more folks can come out in the future.

Thanks for the video's Keith, nice driving!

Hopefully there will be more video's and racing stories to come.

Cheers,
Norm
Norman #99

Re: Feb 13/14 race weekend at Chuckwalla 8 years, 2 months ago #20421

Ian put up his videos:

Saturday:

Sunday:

He placed P3 on Sunday
1988 Turbo S

Re: Feb 13/14 race weekend at Chuckwalla 8 years, 2 months ago #20422

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Nice pass on saturday! That was a long way back but you pulled it off cleanly and the white car gave room, love it!

Re: Feb 13/14 race weekend at Chuckwalla 8 years, 2 months ago #20424

Regarding my spin on the left-handed carousel on Sunday's race, here is the telemetry showing what a difference a couple of extra MPH's can cause when going into a turn.

I initially braked the same as I did on my personal FTD lap (reference lap), but instead of letting the car scrub off some more speed as I went deeper into the turn, you can see that I gave a little throttle in an attempt to try to catch Norm and JP, who were a good 20+ seconds ahead.

You can see that in the "Throttle Pos" trace, just to the left of the vertical cursor. This resulted in 5.15 MPH faster speed through the first apex, at the cursor mark.

Well that certainly didn't work, and the result can be seen in the map at the top of the picture. That ultimately cost me P3 as I had to let Ian by while re-entering the track.
1988 Turbo S
Last Edit: 8 years, 2 months ago by KDJones2000.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, norman#99
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds