Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up !
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up !

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 5 months ago #12090

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I made it just in time for qualifying saturday evening!

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 5 months ago #12095

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Way to hustle Ron!!!

How did the weekend turnout?
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 5 months ago #12096

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
rd7839 wrote:
I made it just in time for qualifying saturday evening!

Awesome - What was the problem ?
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 5 months ago #12101

cbuzzetti wrote:
How did the weekend turnout?

Great! All cars went into trailers the way they came out

The track wasn't quite as quick as I was expecting and felt greasy all weekend. Maybe my tires are just cycled out, they are getting up there.

Saturday, I nabbed the pole by a few 10ths with Jim 2nd and I believe Ron in third. We took the green at the back of the PTE group which meant weaving through slow traffic right at the start. I thought it was all over for Jim when I put two Miatas between us going up the hill but he fought through and stayed with me. We duked it out for ~ 7 laps swapping the lead a few times until a car in the wall in 7 (not one of ours) ended the race with me leading. I believe Ron held third.

Sunday, Greg showed up and was fast driving Jim's other car. We qualified Jim on pole, me second, and Greg third with a 10th b/w us. This time we got our own green and Jim and I gapped Greg just a bit before he held our pace. I got next to Jim and had a nose in front here and there but never really held the lead. Late in the race, a fast BMW that was spewing oil from a half blown engine passed me at the apex of 10 and that killed any chance I had on Jim (the BMW engine went kaboom in 7 on the next lap). We finished as we started.

All in all, a GREAT weekend! I hope you SoCal boys continue coming out!

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 5 months ago #12102

Also, special thanks to the Kens. Our Ken for lending his car and Ken from I/O Port for good clean driving to fill out our field. We made our numbers for the season championship tires.

Re: November Toyo crunch time, need all to step up ! 12 years, 5 months ago #12103

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I'll try and do a write up later tonight, including a blow by blow of how two cars can touch before we even get the green flag! My trailer breakaway brakes I believe were the culprit so I just disconnected them. I still had wheel bearing trouble on the racecar so had to start dead last saturday, last car on track but I had a great time carving through the pack, beating miatas, hondas and a few cobras as well, taking third in class.

By the way, congrats to Steve, our new Norcal 944 champion! He definitely deserves it.

I think I get to cheer for myself, "We're number 2, we're number 2!!!"
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds