(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18180

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
i totally agree. thanks for looking.

what do you think of the weltmeister front with the welt rear i already have.
should that give enough adjustment?
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18181

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
NASA CC&R 20.12.1 states that "Each competitor may resume passing at any time in the absence of a Pace Car being on course providing that they are completely past a manned flag station not displaying any yellow flag OR when the green flag has been displayed at the restart/starting stand/ location"

Everyone one is correct if you had a radio you would have known the green flag had been dropped. The pack was strung out in front of us and it made seeing start finish impossible and yes a significant segment of the 911's where still running under yellow as I ran into their pack.

Once the green flag is dropped you can go racing even though the flag stand a turn eleven still was holding up a double yellow.

I would like to say it was enjoyable running with you guys and look forward to seeing you again at Nationals.

Ron great to hear your problem was minor and not to expensive.

Jason that inside wall was a little close. You handled the situation better than me as I got in the dirt and into the tires.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18182

What goes around comes around. You chopped me in T11 on the last lap as well. NASA also says 3/4 of a car is enough. Next time that's exactly what I'll leave.

I too look forward to racing with you again.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18186

Just to close this out, you are incorrectly interpreting the CCR. I communicated with both NASA and PRC. Under no circumstances are you EVER allowed to initiate a pass with a yellow flag in sight. Feel free to ask for yourself. Both organizations stated that you may not resume racing until you see the yellow flags drop OR see the green flag wave past any yellow flag stations.

How did you know there wasn't a situation in or beyond T11 requiring a yellow?

Your choice whether you keep a hollow victory...

Atteberry wrote:
NASA CC&R 20.12.1 states that "Each competitor may resume passing at any time in the absence of a Pace Car being on course providing that they are completely past a manned flag station not displaying any yellow flag OR when the green flag has been displayed at the restart/starting stand/ location"

Everyone one is correct if you had a radio you would have known the green flag had been dropped. The pack was strung out in front of us and it made seeing start finish impossible and yes a significant segment of the 911's where still running under yellow as I ran into their pack.

Once the green flag is dropped you can go racing even though the flag stand a turn eleven still was holding up a double yellow.

I would like to say it was enjoyable running with you guys and look forward to seeing you again at Nationals.

Ron great to hear your problem was minor and not to expensive.

Jason that inside wall was a little close. You handled the situation better than me as I got in the dirt and into the tires.
Last Edit: 9 years, 6 months ago by 944Racer72.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18187

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
I sent an email to Will Faules asking for his ruling on the issue if you want a copy of my email send me your email address to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and I will forward both what I asked him and his response.

Re: Sonoma Sept 27 & 28 9 years, 6 months ago #18188

I contacted the executive director of NASA and his response was that you may not initiate a pass until yellow flags are dropped. PRC agreed as well. If you ask the same thing and get a different response, post it publicly so everyone can understand.

I have never seen, in any form of racing ever, that it is legal to initiate a pass with a yellow flag displayed. You admitted in a previous post that you saw the yellow still displayed as you pulled out to pass. I already knew that because I was sitting there staring at the yellows getting ready to go when you pulled alongside. Until I saw Jason's video, I didn't realize how far back you had started.

I'm done talking about it. I know what is right. Do what you will.
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds