(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California South Region Website

nasasocal.com/

TOPIC: Willow Springs March 12 & 13

Re: Willow Springs March 12 & 13 8 years ago #20565

• ChuckS
  • Seasoned Racer
Tom,
I had a great time as well battling both you and John. You drove great and correctly figured out how to beat me. I am also learning a lot from John on passing, which he is excellent at. Next time I won't tell you how far gone my tires will be!!! You also note the excessive hand movement in corners. I think that is what happens when you have a manual steering rack and overly stiff front suspension. It is either that or I need to learn how to drive!

I plan on bringing a secret strategic weapon to Buttonwillow. I won't be able to beat all of the talent that will be at that race, but watch out as the season progresses.

It is great having Joe, Jerry and Ian come up to speed. Their progress at Willow was amazing. Soon I expect all of us to be in a tight pack the entire race. And if Simon, Mary and Toni can join in from Vegas, JP from Az, Joey and Clay from TT and "other" new guys, this will be a fantastic racing season!!
Chuck Sharp
San Diego, CA
1986 Spec 944 #58
Red / Twin White Stripes
Last Edit: 8 years ago by ChuckS. Reason: spelling

Re: Willow Springs March 12 & 13 8 years ago #20566

• reflexr
  • Senior Racer
What a lot of fun!! Can't wait for BW. Too bad about Clays t-belt. I hope he has a motor together for then!
Joey Genitempo
NASA SoCal
No. 42
88 944 Spec- Blue Camouflage- retired
84 944 Spec- Green- 42
84 944 Spec- Yellow- 24
87 944 Spec-

Re: Willow Springs March 12 & 13 8 years ago #20567

It's ALIVE! Finished reassembly yesterday- fired up ok. Haven't done anything to shake it down and see if any parts fall off.....
So new.....

Re: Willow Springs March 12 & 13 8 years ago #20568

• reflexr
  • Senior Racer
That's great, Clay!
Joey Genitempo
NASA SoCal
No. 42
88 944 Spec- Blue Camouflage- retired
84 944 Spec- Green- 42
84 944 Spec- Yellow- 24
87 944 Spec-