Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Parting a 1988 944 NA
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Parting a 1988 944 NA

Re: Parting a 1988 944 NA 11 years, 5 months ago #14743

michaelreich wrote:
I think I can make it down there. Can you send me contact info at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Michael-

If you can't make it down the "Chicken Shack Express" may be able to get it to you- Mike Dearstyne will be down here this weekend and I think he lives near you.

Of course, this would be a great weekend if you were to make it down- haven't seen you at the track in a while!

By the way, if anyone needs 944 parts Josh B is a great source. I've bought everything from a complete 944 turbo engine to little bits and pieces from him and always been pleased.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: Parting a 1988 944 NA 11 years, 5 months ago #14744

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
What condition would you say the transmission is in? Im located in Texas and need one to build as a reliable replacement to what I have. I just dont know how I would get it from you to me in an easy way.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Parting a 1988 944 NA 11 years, 5 months ago #14745

• Josh B
  • Drivers Ed
I bought the car as a roller but the previous owner said it was running fine up till when he pulled the motor. The trans seems to work smoothly as I turn the shaft and move through the gear selector.

I've had good luck shipping transmissions through UPS. I just wrap them in layers of cardboard and bubble wrap. It usually costs about $100 for the shipping.
87 951

Re: Parting a 1988 944 NA 11 years, 5 months ago #14746

• Josh B
  • Drivers Ed

87 951
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds