Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years ago #10495

Robbie wrote:

... Talk with your regions to decide how you want to race this year. I know in RMR we are set. The only question is how Nationals is going to be handled and my hope is that NASA has learned from their past mistakes with the R888/RA1 issue and will make a firm commitment to a tire rule and stick with it well before Nationals so that racers aren't left out in the cold. ...

Yes I send out an email to my Az Racers. We will be working on helping each other race in spirit of the class. That means doing what we can to help each other run fast on the track and let driving skill be the difference. Lets as a class unite and be stronger and more respectful of our fellow drivers rather than less.

Lets also consider that the way NASA works, each region is an independant franchise. So not running local events hurts your local region more than it hurts NASA Nationaly. Consider who you will be hurting if you must get fiesty with things.

With respect to Nationals... There may be clear solution in place soon. I have heard some talk about how it may work, but also no word of anything offical. So rather than post something only to retract it later I am holding off. If you do plan on running Nationals get in contact with Eric Kuhns. He will be the best person to ensure you know what is what as soon as possible. From my perseptive Nationals is one race deal and what happens there is in many ways far removed from what goes on when running full season locally. So that means different solutions can work.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 13 years ago by joepaluch.

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years ago #10496

Weston, Chris and Charile.

I deleted a couple posts. No need for that type discussion here. If you must use email for that stuff. Ok.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 13 years ago by joepaluch.

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years ago #10497

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
joepaluch wrote:
Lets also consider that the way NASA works each region is an independant franchise. So not running local events hurts your local region more than it hurts NASA Nationaly. Consider who you will be hurting if you must get fiesty with things.

Good point. That is the ONLY thing keeping a lot of people around. The individual regions are what makes NASA viable and fun. However, there does come a point at which the negative of supporting the National office and their never-ending BS outweighs the good of supporting our local franchise. It sucks that they're caught in the middle. It's a difficult situation, and I don't expect that all of us are going to be able to fall on the same side of that fence at this point.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years ago #10501

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
RacerX wrote:
I give up! Think I'll go see what SCCA, PCA or some other group that has their sh!t together, is running for the 944's and join up with them. Someone high up in NASA is getting a kick back from Toyo and that is whats holding this mess up. They don't want to lose their "golden goose" by just coming out and naming another tire. It's also BS that they don't go through the channels of letting their national directors know first hand whats going on!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the folks in Japan but come on now, it's been how many weeks now? And we still don't have an official tire!

I don't care what we run but just officially name something!

RANT OVER!
My local SP1 class (PCA) is having this same problem of what to run and with SCCA now (finally) adopting the Spec-944 classes they will have this same issue too.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years ago #10502

Here is what I see and we can agree to disagree if you want. When you feel backed into a corner with no options for a way out, your gonna kick, scream and name call. My understanding of this and until we hear differently from NASA Nationals is this, Hoosier is the spec tire for the Nationals race at Mid Ohio ONLY! Locally we can run what ever your region decides on. If I am told that I HAVE TO RUN HOOSIERS all of the time, I will be on the list of screamers, actually I won't scream, there are worse things, but I will run what ever tire I want, or run what ever class I want. This is nothing to panic over! We put lots of money and time into this hobby and we can do what ever is most comfortable for us as individuals. I raced my first 944 season with SCCA where some could by new Goodyears every race weekend while I was on maybe two sets of RA1's for the entire season, so what did I do after the season, moved to NASA were it was more affordable for me on one spec tire and watched 944spec grow from maybe 5 cars a race to 20 cars per race in not a lot of time, this growth was seen over the entire U.S.! This will not make 944 racing go away, let's just call it fine tuning time! Bottom line, we have options and one option I personally don't have is $50 of tire use for every 20 minutes of track time! So I think we should cross that bridge when we get to it, meaning until somebody confirms that I HAVE to run Hoosiers, I'm not worrying about it, we are all on the same page in AZ, all regions need to talk about what you want to do and just do it!
Norman #99

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years ago #10503

oops, while I was typing Robbie, Joe and some others basically said the same thing, sorry for the redundantsy!
Norman #99
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds