Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

National Championships at Mid-Ohio
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: National Championships at Mid-Ohio

Re:National Championships at Mid-Ohio 15 years, 11 months ago #1377

• comatb
  • Junior Racer
Thanks Chuck and Joe. We both really wanted to come to Miller. It's 1970 miles. At about 8 mpg for Ernie's F350 diesel..... it really cuts out extra races here in the East. Ernie is building another rental SPEC car and is just too busy at MantisSport. His business is starting to interfere with our racing, imagine that! I still hope to race all you guys sometime, someplace in the future.

Bill
#211 Eastern Canada, Great Lakes Region

Re:National Championships at Mid-Ohio 15 years, 11 months ago #1378

Nationals is still a maybe for me and I think Eban Bell is planning on going . I might coach and pit crew for Him ?

It's all good !

Re:National Championships at Mid-Ohio 15 years, 11 months ago #1382

comatb wrote:
Thanks Chuck and Joe. We both really wanted to come to Miller. It's 1970 miles. At about 8 mpg for Ernie's F350 diesel..... it really cuts out extra races here in the ...
Bill

1970 miles... That is about the same as Mid-ohio which I mapped out to be 1955 miles from Phoenix. By contrast Miller is only a "mere" 700 miles.

That is one reason I was really getting excited about Miller. Long Tow, but reasonable. Nationals would be great event to go to, but at 1955 miles a very difficult and expensive trip. Miller on the other hand was much easier for most of us on this side of the US to attend so it makes it worth the effort.

Really I think NASA should have Nationals a Miller or some place father west. Altnating between Mid-Ohio and Miller maybe. Ahh, but that is another discussion.

Good luck over there and at Nationals and glad to hear Ernie is building a another 944.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:National Championships at Mid-Ohio 15 years, 10 months ago #1712

We have 5 drivers signed up so far:

211 944 Spec Bill Comat Burlington ON Porsche 944 1986 MantisSport
42 944 Spec Karl Zimmermann Austin TX Porsche 944 1983 Applied Racing Technology
80 944 Spec Eric Kuhns Sterling IL Porsche 944 1988 VFC Engineering
84 944 Spec Ray Freundt Belvidere IL Porsche 944 1986 Low Voltage
91 944 Spec Ernie Jakubowski oakville ON porsche 944 1986 Mantissport , Mobil-1, Gunk
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:National Championships at Mid-Ohio 15 years, 10 months ago #1713

Awesome, we are all guaranteed top five finishes.

I was surfing around today and noticed that the DART crew shipped 10 Porsches out to Sebring on an open car hauler. Joe, can't you get the AZ guys loaded up and fly up there? Tim, same deal with the SoCal group. Heck, start the run in SoCal with a pick-up in AZ.
512 707-8869

Re:National Championships at Mid-Ohio 15 years, 9 months ago #1939

Hi everyone my name's John Brandenberger and ill be planning on joining you at mid o for the national championship. Im from out east just outside of philadelphia. Ive been racing my spec car in cup out here after the initial kinks in the car (ballance shaft blown through block) my team and i have been verry successful. we were able to fight durring the last race from second to last to start to get on the podium in third. Also i may be planning on racing in cup also from what i understand there not raced durring the same time. im really new to closed wheel racing and look forward to racing with you in september.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds