Username Password: Remember me

Hp vs lap times data
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Hp vs lap times data

Re: Hp vs lap times data 11 years, 3 months ago #15180

• Timwold
  • Senior Racer
Jason-

The reason there are more PCA 944 racers in Texas has nothing to do with the HP CAP. Simply put the rule was just installed and many of us have been racing PCA for years. I have no issue with putting my car on the dyno nor do I believe coomes or blazer have any issue either. I just need to find the time to get that done.

It really boils down to preference (I can only speak for myself). I prefer the PCA format better- it provides for more track time in any given weekend. While it does usually cost more, I would wager the price per track minute is similar but I have never done the analysis. I don't mind the extra costs because my major limiter in racing is not the cost of the weekend financiallty, rather it is more the cost of the weekend on a time basis. PCA provides me more track time and I have really grown to like the folks (not that I don't like the NASA crowd) and the racers are from all over the midwest.

I have known and raced in Dave's NASA events since 07 in colorado. He puts on a good event and whenever there is not an conflict I will attend (especially when I can drag the tricyle motors along. like last year at Hallett.

Sorry for the long answer to the short question- but i know I am not avoiding NASA due to the rule. I am not trying to turn this thread into a PCA vs NASA thing. I think both have their pluses and minuses.
Todd Imwold
1983 Spec Car #143
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds