Username Password: Remember me

Hp vs lap times data
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Hp vs lap times data

Re: Hp vs lap times data 11 years, 3 months ago #15137

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
And even being down on HP you were a contender at the 09 Nats. You lead many laps as I recall.
Lack of Driver error and car prep will still win the races IMO. HP is just not as big of a factor as believed.

Did you put on new shocks yet?

Hope to see you before Nats.

Lori and I are empty nesters now. We dropped Heidi off in Steamboat Springs Co in January for college. So we will be traveling alot more and hope to get out your way.

Any Idea if Dirks is going to race 944spec this year at Miller?

Looks like there will be a big turnout at Miller.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Hp vs lap times data 11 years, 3 months ago #15138

Thanks for the nice compliments from 09, did you mention track record:)

I got it on the driver and set up winning, but this thread is now and has always been strictly about equalizing cars and not the driver.

I just heat cycled my RR's and two of them are splitting, I am going to the RR thread to post a picture, see you there.

Thanks again Charlie, I do have great deal of respect for your driving and think you should try on a car with 130/130 to really show your skills:)

Me and Susan would be thrilled to have you and Lori out! This is a great time of year, 20's at night and 60's in the day, good for hiking.
Norman #99

Re: Hp vs lap times data 11 years, 3 months ago #15151

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Theres not any one thing so far discussed in this thread that I disagree with but I do think that the rules are a balancing act. Now that we have a HP Cap, car development will shift to another area of importance that might make more of a gain versus work. As this class grows, and competition gets better, being as close to that cap as possible will become important. Right now though, a good driver can compensate for a lesser developed car. In a couple of years though, after more people start figuring out how to develop the car to the pinnacle of its performance under these rules, anyone who is lacking a couple of HP or maybe has some other setup item just a little off, will be at more of a disadvantage.

I got the chance to put my car on the dyno last race since it was convenient, so I now know that my power output is right where it needs to be in ideal conditions. I can also say that I cant use power as an excuse for why I turn the lap times that I do. Also, hopefully that means that I dont have to make any modifications whenever I go anywhere else since I dont think there will be any other environments that could produce more power.

Lastly, I think this may be a contributing factor as to why Texas has so many PCA SP1 racers, and so few NASA racers. I havent had the chance to race with PCA yet, so I dont know if they have the same level of racing. I dont mean that to be derogatory in any way, but sometimes the dynamics and environment of racing are just different between organizations. Maybe the level of competition is one of the factors.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Hp vs lap times data 11 years, 3 months ago #15153

• dmdirks
cbuzzetti wrote:

Any Idea if Dirks is going to race 944spec this year at Miller?

There will be a Dirks in the red #76 944-Spec at Nat's this year...
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region

Re: Hp vs lap times data 11 years, 3 months ago #15155

Dave, will that be the good looking "HOT" Dirks, or you?
Norman #99

Re: Hp vs lap times data 11 years, 3 months ago #15157

• dmdirks

Michelle is taking over the mighty #76... Sure would be fun to run with you guys there, but the plan is for her to do that!

(We are putting sliders on the seat, though... )
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds