Username Password: Remember me

Valve Spring Question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Valve Spring Question

Re:Valve Spring Question 15 years, 2 months ago #3711

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
mcmmotorsports wrote:

Gary, I am sorry for coming off a little harsh, but it wasn't directed to you specifically, more towards anyone who wishes to cheat in this class.

No problem Micheal, at least now we know the subject that gets you hitting your rev limiter
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Valve Spring Question 15 years, 2 months ago #3712

mcmmotorsports wrote:
Sorry but this is a terrible defense.[/quote]

Yes it is, but I have to keep the debate going somehow. Cost aside, my main reason for bringing this up is the over rev protection. I've mis-shifted and destroyed 2 BMW motors this way. I've also zinged the motor in the 944 and a student's 968. Luckily neither Porsche was damaged. It sounds like I either need to learn to shift better or plan on doing lots of head jobs.

I really appreciate the "Motivational Poster"! That's too funny.

-bj

Re:Valve Spring Question 15 years, 2 months ago #3713

I just rebuilt my rear shifter mechanism, and have some interesting stuff to report on that. Stay tuned for an update on the budget build thread.

Maybe we need to collect some data.

Ken - maybe you could put up a poll for those who have damaged their motor through and over-rev situation, or broken valves. O f course, f it's over 8K RPM, it may not matter what valve springs you have in there.

Hey BJ - did you ever get the photo album Linda made for you?
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by Sterling Doc.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds