Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Congrats David Dirks!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Congrats David Dirks!

Re:Congrats David Dirks! 13 years, 8 months ago #8097

Congrats David, Tyler, Charlie!

Charlie is back on the podium with his new car as well as his old car, good job on being consistant and smooth, your years of racing shows well year after year!

Tyler, what can you say, a good race car driver now and will be untouchable in the not to distant future with seat time and age!!!

Dave was the man all week, calm, cool, smooth and fast. Imagine within 5 minutes of becoming National Champion, you have your fender and door smashed in, then your told you have to take the head off of your car, when your plans were to load your un-damaged car onto your trailer and leave with it running. David has the patience of Job and showed more class than anybody I have ever seen dealing with even lesser issues. As for on track horsepower, out of the top 4 fastest cars tested, David Dirks had the LEAST horse power of all. My hat is off to you David, it flatters me to be one of your friends!

Honorable mention has to go to "The Kid" Austin Newmark, 15 years old, hell, his car was 9 years old when he was born!!! Last year we had a Hard Charger award that I didn't see this year, if we did, it would have to go to the person that went from 26th to 7th in no time at all, 19 spots! Watching Tyler and Austin, the two young ones racing on Thursday was the best racing all week in any group that I saw, if they could have both made their mistakes on the same day, we would have seen the best 45 minute race ever on Saturday. I hope they have the opportunity to race each other often to make each other better drivers to make it to the pro's and to become best of friends like many of us have in 944spec, I would travel to just about anywere to watch those two, it reminds me of me in my younger days. I guess that was last year, but I was younger then!

I did miss racing with everybody, but did have a blast hanging out and getting to know the 944 family better than if I had been racing or didn't go at all. I recommend going in the future even if your not racing.

Thanks to all racers and NASA for a great week!!!
Norman #99
Last Edit: 13 years, 8 months ago by norman#99.

Re:Congrats David Dirks! 13 years, 8 months ago #8098

• dmdirks
Signature fixed...

I always tell people that when I grow up I want to drive like Norm. (Maybe when that happens I'll actually have a chance of beating you, Norm!)

Thanks to all for your compliments. It really means a lot.

I'll have to agree with you, Norm, about Tyler and Austin. These two guys drove great races and they are great kids. Being an "old school" karter myself, I can tell you that these guys are off to a great start and will do great things in their racing careers.
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region

Re:Congrats David Dirks! 13 years, 8 months ago #8104

One bit of clarification. On their respective fastest laps, Dirks recorded the lowest HP by Traqmate data. After having spent 2 hours poring over the data tonight, you can flip the highest HP honors among the guys, depending on the lap you choose - theres a lot of variability . Best terminal speeds down the main straight were extremely close (1mph variance).

Dirks drove the best, in the best setup car on that day. That's what it's all about!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Congrats David Dirks! 13 years, 8 months ago #8116

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
There is no doubt that David had a solid drive in a great car.

But if you watch my in car video of the start you can see that David is not down on HP. he does not have any major advantage just not below anyone else.

Excellant Job David for great car prep and driving ability!!!
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re:Congrats David Dirks! 13 years, 8 months ago #8119

• dmdirks
Thank you, Charlie. Looking forward to racing with you again!
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region

Re:Congrats David Dirks! 13 years, 8 months ago #8120

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Unfortunately we may never get that chance.

I am retiring from car racing at the end of this season.

It has been a great run for 14 years.

The wife and I have decided to get back to boating and have already purchased a 37' power boat to do some coastal fishing, diving and cruising.

I am sure that I will get back in a car occasionally for some enduros and DE's but I am ready to move on.

Overall it has been a great experience and fulfilled a life long dream to race cars.

Thanks to all who I have raced against.

Again, a great job David. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

PS car will be for sale soon.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion