Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

STEERING RACK
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: STEERING RACK

Re: STEERING RACK 12 years, 7 months ago #11566

As a new 944 Spec personI know how it is hard to convert. I have converted to manual, but the rack I got was not good. I am loking for a rebuilt manual rack gto be used on a 1984 944 whether it is from a 924 or 944. The pinion is shot in mine and ned a new one Anyone have or has a source for a good manual rack.
You can lenghen the lower rod to use the manual or rebuid and clean up the power unit and just go with the power steering and forget the conversion.
George

Re: STEERING RACK 12 years, 7 months ago #11573

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
I used the dry rack method to convert the steering rack on my 944 spec - took it out to the track last weekend and it works well! Great write-up.
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)

Re: STEERING RACK 12 years, 7 months ago #11574

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
Geo944Todd wrote:
As a new 944 Spec personI know how it is hard to convert. I have converted to manual, but the rack I got was not good. I am loking for a rebuilt manual rack gto be used on a 1984 944 whether it is from a 924 or 944. The pinion is shot in mine and ned a new one Anyone have or has a source for a good manual rack.
You can lenghen the lower rod to use the manual or rebuid and clean up the power unit and just go with the power steering and forget the conversion.
George

There are a few places online that sell rebuilt racks - paragon-products.com is one of them. Pretty pricey, if memory serves. You may be better off checking out A Part Above (see link down the left hand side of the site) or another dismantling company, due to cost - but I'd expect to pay more for the factory manual rack.
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)

Re: STEERING RACK 12 years, 7 months ago #11628

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
Chris, do you happen to have that PDF file? I went to your website but it looks like it is no more. I'd like to have it for any future cars I might do.

If you do, it would be great if you can email it to me at ximaz1 @ yahoo . com

Thanks!
-Aaron

Re: STEERING RACK 12 years, 7 months ago #11629

• genikz
  • Junior Racer
That's my bad. In an effort to cut costs, I dropped our web hosting, forgetting that my 944 content was out there as well.

Just found it on my PC though! Emailing now.
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by genikz.

Re: STEERING RACK 12 years, 6 months ago #11646

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
Got it! Thanks Chris!
-Aaron
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds