NASA Mid-West and Great Lakes Website

www.nasagreatlakes.com/
www.nasamidwest.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Midwest eBay donor car alert!

Re:Midwest eBay donor car alert! 15 years, 3 months ago #3285

Welcome !

Re:Midwest eBay donor car alert! 15 years, 3 months ago #3287

My name's Cameron Schneider, i'm 20 years old. I have raced motocross and did some karting a few years ago. I've always been a motor head. My dad bought me my first dirtbike at 3yo and ive moved up faster and faster ever since. As far as Racing a car this will be my first attempt other than some fun frendly events in my corvette with friends.
My plans are simple... get the car safe, and then make it economicly competative. Like I said, I wanted to order suspenson and some small parts today, but weather forced me to ride snowmobiles all day and miss the bank closing. Then while waiting for shipping, I'll finish stripping the interior down and removing all the sound insulation mess. I'd love to attend some events this season, just to get involved and see what i'm getting myself into! lol
My email is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
1975 corvette stingray
1984 porsche 944 project

Re:Midwest eBay donor car alert! 15 years, 3 months ago #3295

Cool!

Look at the build threads in the racecar build section for some inspiration & guidance. Bennington Motorsports & MotoDelta are local sponosrs that can give you good deals on parts, and advice as well. I'd get the Koni Yellows, springs & Torsion bars to start, and redo the belts on the motor if they're not recent. Start there.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Midwest eBay donor car alert! 15 years, 3 months ago #3306

Thanks. I did go with the konis, an adjustable coil over kit with 350lbs spring, weltmeister sway bars and 30mil torsion bar. To bolt it all back together I bought a weltmeister/racers edge bushing kit. Then on a less exciting note i bought new ball joints and a set of control arms.
Stoked and broke! but makin progress
1975 corvette stingray
1984 porsche 944 project

Re:Midwest eBay donor car alert! 15 years, 3 months ago #3310

Youi will likely need to have the rear spring plate bushings modified to fit - that's been the general experience. See the race car build forums for some discussion on this topic.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Moderators: KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds