Username Password: Remember me

The Southeast's Newest Car
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: The Southeast's Newest Car

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12417

JUSTMERACING wrote:
Sterling Doc wrote:
Ooooh! Brian's got a lift! Build party at his place

We just installed it a couple weekends ago. If you are going to have a hangout it better have a lift. Big screen & kegorator are next.

I'm searching craigslist right now...
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12423

• vpk944
  • Comp School
Just starting the stripping process. What is the preferred suspension setup? I ran 944 Cup for several years and didn't have the build constraints that SPEC has (not complaining, I actually prefer the Spec rules). After 2 years of not racing I'm ready to get back into it. Any info on the best spring torsion bar combo would be appreciated. Hopefully the car I chose to build will be the right one. It is an 88 944 non-sunroof with the M030 package and LSD. I have the proper Koni's to put on the car because I believe the M030 Koni's are not legal.

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12424

vpk944 wrote:
Just starting the stripping process. What is the preferred suspension setup? I ran 944 Cup for several years and didn't have the build constraints that SPEC has (not complaining, I actually prefer the Spec rules). After 2 years of not racing I'm ready to get back into it. Any info on the best spring torsion bar combo would be appreciated. Hopefully the car I chose to build will be the right one. It is an 88 944 non-sunroof with the M030 package and LSD. I have the proper Koni's to put on the car because I believe the M030 Koni's are not legal.

It is not so much about M030 Koni's being legal or not, but I would not trust 20+ year old stock shocks any longer. For the price of a rebuilding them you can get new ones.

Spring & T-bar combo. I run 350lbs springs and 30 mm t-bars. The 30 mm t-bars are pretty much the set-up to run. For the front some guys like 400lbs springs and I would think that can work. Beyond 400lbs and the Koni's we run can't really control the spring rate any more. Plus more than that creates understeer issues.

Sway bars are important too. I like the adjustable weltmeister bars. I have been using these for 10 year and simply they work. Maybe a bit heavy, but it is weight down low. The adjustability is nice to allow for fine tuning the chassis balance to your liking.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12425

Brian Evans wrote:

Nice set-up..... I would that much room to work.

With any luck I will racing Jan 14th as it is our first event of the year here in Az.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12426

joepaluch wrote:
Brian Evans wrote:

Nice set-up..... I would that much room to work.

With any luck I will racing Jan 14th as it is our first event of the year here in Az.

Thanks- somehow the space is slowly dwindling away. What started as storage for two 944's became storage for three and now four cars...
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: The Southeast's Newest Car 12 years, 3 months ago #12427

• vpk944
  • Comp School
Thanks for the info Joe. Looks like I need to call Skip at Paragon this morning. Does anyone have issues with the aluminum front control arms. My previous car had Charlie Arms installed. Am I right that after market control arms are not allowed? I have seen several cars destroyed from broken ball joints on the aluminum arms.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds