Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Fax me your T-Bar template
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fax me your T-Bar template

Re: Fax me your T-Bar template 11 years, 5 months ago #14495

I have holes, but I don't use them anymore. Once you have the T-bars in, you can pull them out enough to re-index w/o the holes. I just used a straight edge to get close. Then you drill and see where you are at. If you are off a it drill a new hole. Once you've got it right, use a hole saw, and take all of the practice holes out with that. As long as you are close when you come out (within the diameter of the hole saw), the end result will come out good.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 11 years, 5 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Fax me your T-Bar template 11 years, 5 months ago #14507

• Tabbasco
  • Junior Racer
Well I am still hoping someone will come through...It would help to have this template to increase the number of entrants...reindexing is probably the most significant and costly barrier to entering the class!

BTW no writeup I have gives a step by step picture guide to reindexing...its rocket science and Witchcraft mixed together!
v/r
T2
HPDE Driving Instructor
www.thedriversedge.net

Re: Fax me your T-Bar template 11 years, 5 months ago #14509

You've seen this one? www.944spec.org/944SPEC/technical-articl...sion-bar-re-indexing

There are two schools of thought on this - the math approach that Joe takes above, or trial and error. If you weld a tab onto the end of the T-bar, and especially if you have access to a lift, trial and error is pretty quick. Lift tire up, insert T-bar, set car down. If too high or low, lift car up, pull out T-bar a couple of inches to disengage. Lift up a little higher (or lower) on the wheel as you slide back in and re-engauge T-bar. Repeat until close, then use blades for fine adjustment. No need to drop the rear suspension to do this.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds