Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Fastech camber plate for $300
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Fastech camber plate for $300

Re:Fastech camber plate for $300 15 years, 5 months ago #2523

I think i tried that but ??? thanks Ken !

Re:Fastech camber plate for $300 15 years, 5 months ago #2527

I found it by searching for "Fastech"

Are these as good as the GC units most of us use?
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Fastech camber plate for $300 15 years, 5 months ago #2529

Joe, Eric, Tim,

You asked me to tell you if I saw a loophole in the rules.

The camber plates that I have seen either reduce shock travel from OE or get it back to stock by raising the top. A creative guy might just make a really tall set of camber plates to get more shock travel.

Chuck,

These look like they are similar to the old style Paragon plates, the ones with limited shock travel, but it's hard to tell from the pictures. If they are like the new style Paragon plates I'd like to be in on the buy if it's not too late.
512 707-8869

Re:Fastech camber plate for $300 15 years, 5 months ago #2538

I have the high price ones from racers edge (i think) but even the GC units that limit travel don't seem to be a disadvantage. Thats with 350# springs ? I have seen them bottom out when coming back on track but thats the only time.

Karl feel free to school us on how more shock travel is better.

Re:Fastech camber plate for $300 15 years, 5 months ago #2559

Shouldn't we see IF I can run with you guys before I suggest a way to go faster?

The lower the car the better it should be in the dry. Look at the Mid-Ohio results. The fastest car when it was wet was pretty high (no idea if / how much the tires played a role) but he struggled a bit in the dry especially compared to Bill, in his super low rider (built to CUP rules.)

For '08 the pre '99 SMs were allowed to run the '99 shock hats which instantly gave all pre '99s about 3/4" more shock travel. Of course few used it, they just lowered their cars 3/4" and went faster.

A few MX-5 cups cars ran rear bump stops (before they were discovered and outlawed) to help plant the rear out of corners.

More shock travel will either let you lower the car or allow for tuning with bump stops, or both, which should make you faster in the dry.
512 707-8869

Re:Fastech camber plate for $300 15 years, 5 months ago #2560

I Think ...
Lower is better ... Ok I'm good with that, One issue for us is we can't do any mods to the lower control arms or ball joints so we run into problems with "bump steer" ? also the 87/88 A arms are longer /better but need to be run so that the ball joint does not bind or it will fail. So most 87/ 88 cars run with the lower A arms level or nearly level to the ground .

I think ....
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds