Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Kanas City 944 Spec Cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Kanas City 944 Spec Cars

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #2902

just say no to chin killers ... uh I mean shin killers

for the rear tow point i just loop over a tow strap and then put 2 zip ties on it .

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #2904

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Chuck's method is the easiest, lightest and works. I put in two tow eys pointed down and also use them for attachment points for tie down the car trailer.
Lee

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #2911

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Which tow eyes did you get?

I found these ones at JCwhitney for cheap and you can drill holes into the bumper and add a metal plate inside the bumper for extra strength. These are used for off roaders and can handle 10k lbs. It doesn't list a weight but I'd bet it is too heavy.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/G_14390G_SW_1.jpg;pvcfa74af3a0d194eb

Link to Tow Hooks
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: 15 years, 4 months ago by jaje.

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #2912

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
It's funny, I actually considered using those from my 4x4 days...I ended up using a cast eye bolt from ACE Hardware, 3500# rating, 1/2" diameter shank and about 1" hole. Not too heavy and just drilled holes on the underside of the bumper for instalation. You may want to search for some that have a 2" center opening. If I had the money, there are some nice ones on the various racing products sites.
When trailering the car I like to be able to pull down and out or down and criss cross with the tie down straps to keep the car from moving on the trailer.
Last Edit: 15 years, 4 months ago by 944cer.

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #3000

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
I found a set of eye hooks with 2,600lb break strength.

They are 1/2" Bed Bolts made by USA Products Group - ProGrip Cargo Control. $16 for a set of 2.

Link
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #3001

I used a D-ring for the front and back tow points. You can get them at Home Depot for around $9 and then get the bolts with lock nuts and huge fender washers. Pretty low profile so it minimizes the shin pain.
- Blake

1988 Black Spec-944 #141 - McDonald's
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds