Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Kanas City 944 Spec Cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Kanas City 944 Spec Cars

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3312

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
I'll have photos up sometime this weekend including the "money shot".

How do I get Toyo stickers for the car (I called and requested them via their instructions but didn't receive any). I think I need 4 stickers in black as that should show up more on my car. I did get the Hawk ones.

What other sticker banners will I need to have on the car? Since I'll be doing 2 MW and 2 RMR events it looks like I'll need several for just each region.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3314

Joel,

Get your CDOC stickers, we'll sticker you up the rest of the way at the track. I'm only putting them on your car, though .
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3315

Joel, I requested a bunch about 2 weeks ago and still haven't seen any either. Our hawk stickers came in, there at least a hundred there.
Doc Wilen Racing
86 951

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3376

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
OIL COOLER
What is a good size oil cooler? What size AN fittings should it have? I've been finding some used 11 x 5 x 2 oil coolers from Nascar teams on eBay for a good price - they pressure tested them to make sure they didn't leak and stayed with MFGR specs.

I emailed Nick @ Bennington Motorsports about the AN adaptor kit and he said it'll be a size 12 AN and the kit will be ready by mid Feb.

LEXAN Side Windows
I'm removing the entire glass and window mechanism and part of the interior door panel but leaving the outside frame. I'm trying to find out what others have done to create their own Lexan side windows - I'll fabricate a latch system and they will only be installed for towing and storage - removed for races. I found flat lexan at the local HD / Lowes and wonder if that'll work and whether I can heat and bend it so it will mimic the old door glasses' shape.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by jaje.

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3383

Joel, after looking at the lexan options here in town, we are going to secure the stock windows in place using the metal channel the bottom of the window sits in. They will only be used for transport as well. From what we measure, you need about a .180 thickness of lexan to fill the window channel and not flop around. I could only find lexan .09 or .220 at HD and lowes had .17, but it was their standard plexiglass, and not the lexan. IIRC they had the same thickness lexan as HD did. I am afraid if the window does not fit snug in the channel, the wind going down the road will allow it to flex and pop out of the channel. You can flex the lexan with a heatgun, you will need some wood clamps.

FYI, We got our toyo stickers this week in the mail, so if you haven't gotten yours, you might want to call them.
Doc Wilen Racing
86 951
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by PorscheDoc.

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3387

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
I use two pieces of plexiglass that I cut to match the removed windows. I use two crews to secure the plexiglass to the door frame. They bend on their own enough to fit in the stock window location by sliding up from the bottom. Easy to remove and replace. It is not a weather tight arrangement but close.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds