Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Kanas City 944 Spec Cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Kanas City 944 Spec Cars

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3388

Most of us in the RM use that set-up, here's a pic. You can see the two sheet metal screws up near the window frame. That's all it takes to hold up the thin lexan. My car sits outside all winter and those windows keep the weather out fine.

That photos reminds me...I need to clean up the PO's hack job !!

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3416

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
cullenwinter wrote:
Most of us in the RM use that set-up, here's a pic. You can see the two sheet metal screws up near the window frame. That's all it takes to hold up the thin lexan. My car sits outside all winter and those windows keep the weather out fine.

That photos reminds me...I need to clean up the PO's hack job !!
Cullen,

Do you recall what thickness lexan window you put in? I'm going to pick up some lexan sometime this week. Thanks.

Joel
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3442

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
I think the lexan/plexiglass I used was 3/16".

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3443

I used weather stripping from Pep Boys to clean up edges. Also for the lexan/plexi window inserts I went to a local awning supply company and had them make straps. I mounted the straps to the window and then used pop snaps to secure it to the door during travel. All in all I think I spent $80 for everything.

I will post pics when I get the car back from the paint shop (~3 days)
- Blake

1988 Black Spec-944 #141 - McDonald's
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by 944sracer.

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3448

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
sure - thanks guys.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 2 months ago #3493

So thats ^ the polycarbonate with the tie-down material fabric with a fender washer on each side of the fastener. I had the awning shop put on the female end of the pop snaps.

If you look closely you can see the male end of the pop snaps, they are the same kind as on boat covers. The male ends were attached to the door via screw that is inside the pop snap and the holes were pre-drilled

This was done for both doors. the straps go below the poly carbonate(PC) and cradle it like a hammock. the straps then snap securly to the door. You will need to find a piece of foam to hold the PC to the weather stripping at the bottom however because the straps tend to pull it in twoards the inside of the door.

I can email much higher quality pictures if needed. I will ovbiously be more than willing to take more photos if requested.

Hope this helps and like i said above - it saved me a ton of money
- Blake

1988 Black Spec-944 #141 - McDonald's
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by 944sracer.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds