Username Password: Remember me

Kanas City 944 Spec Cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Kanas City 944 Spec Cars

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #2839

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Some Pics of my Spec Car

The car was prepared by Underground Autosport (Independence, MO) - local to KC.

I have some questions as to how people are mounting Hood Pins and how we can remove most of the headlight mechanism and create a tab to lock it up or down.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: 15 years, 4 months ago by jaje.

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #2840

I like to have one hood pin mounted in the round hole tat the hood latch uses... just drill it through the hood and take out all of the stock hood latch stuff and . BAM it's done , uses stock mounting so it's plenty strong.

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #2847

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
SvoChuck wrote:
I like to have one hood pin mounted in the round hole tat the hood latch uses... just drill it through the hood and take out all of the stock hood latch stuff and . BAM it's done , uses stock mounting so it's plenty strong.
Do they allow just the one hood pin? I guess if the hood latch is only one point then one hood pin should also suffice at the same location. There's really no where else to install one to fabricate a mounting point for 2 hood pins in the usual location.
Joel

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #2879

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
As for Tow Hooks for front and back. What do people use?

There is a Spec Miata kit from I/O Port (www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merchant....mp;Category_Code=TOW) - would this be strong enough for a 944?

Then there is the standard shin killer hard metal plate (used to hit my shin on it frequently with 944s).
Joel

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #2880

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Joel,

I use to have tow hooks in my car that hurt my shins and anyone else that walks by it and took them off.
Tow straps are strong enough, ask me how I know.
Most of the NorCal guys uses them.
I like the tow strap with the loop better than the metal ring because it can't scratch or make noise against the car bumper.
http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TSL&Category_Code=TOW
--Ken

Re:Kanas City 944 Spec Cars 15 years, 4 months ago #2888

jaje wrote:
As for Tow Hooks for front and back. What do people use?

There is a Spec Miata kit from I/O Port (www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merchant....mp;Category_Code=TOW) - would this be strong enough for a 944?

Then there is the standard shin killer hard metal plate (used to hit my shin on it frequently with 944s).

I attached to the bumpers, but pointed down.

Front
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds