Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Anyone interested in early custom harnesses?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Anyone interested in early custom harnesses?

Re:Anyone interested in early custom harnesses? 15 years, 3 months ago #3007

• many944s
  • Junior Racer
I'm working on a "how-to" write-up for removing the harness and retaining the DME relay as I type. It will probably be a week or so before it's finished, but when it is, it will be availale on my webpage.

As for the harness pricing, there won't be a core charge. Alot of the factory harnesses that I have opened in the past usually have water inside them! Anywhere there is a little break in the insulation, the wire inside is badly corroded, and really isn't worth using.

I'm working on pricing info as well. Though I might offer a complete dash/harness system if I can get one of my distributors to come down on gauge pricing! I'll keep the board informed!

-Nick

Re:Anyone interested in early custom harnesses? 15 years, 3 months ago #3008

Nick, this all sounds great! Thanks for the efforts. If you could come up with one for a late car, I'd buy it, and probably Ray, too. Now that no OEM dash cluster is required, this is a great way to simplify and lighten your race car. Between the dash & wiring, there's well over 50 lbs to be lost on the late cars, especially.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Anyone interested in early custom harnesses? 15 years, 3 months ago #3009

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks Nick. I'll be one of the interested parties for the early cars.

You can really lose over 50 lbs in just wiring and assorted hold downs on a late car harness? That is a lot of weight!
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:Anyone interested in early custom harnesses? 15 years, 3 months ago #3013

I'd also be interested in a version for late cars if you get ambitious (even though neither I or my car need to lose weight !) My partial dash is a mess 'O spaghetti, which I'd love to clean up, but electrical is not a strong suit for my limited skills. Thanks

Re:Anyone interested in early custom harnesses? 15 years, 3 months ago #3014

924S is mostly early ...

Re:Anyone interested in early custom harnesses? 15 years, 3 months ago #3016

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Nick,

I'm interested in a harness.
Please feel free to submit the "How-To" write-up to the "Technical Articles" section of the website.
--Ken
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds