The T-bar job sucks !!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: The T-bar job sucks !!

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years, 1 month ago #3844

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
cullenwinter wrote:
Good find, Gary !

No problem - glad I could help. I found that link on rennlist awhile back, and figured it would come in handy someday.

Good luck with finishing up the torsion bars!
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec
Last Edit: 15 years, 1 month ago by GaryM05.

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years, 1 month ago #3847

The article was great, in that it clued me in on slamming the bar with the broken tab, out the other side with a broom handle. That'll save a lot of headache. I cut the holes in the sides of the car yesterday, but didn't have time to get to anything else. I must admit I enjoyed that. I kind of wish I needed to cut more of them

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years, 1 month ago #3849

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Entire rear suspension is removed and disassebled, parking brake parts removed,new bushings in that piece that attaches to chassis, spring plate bushings burned off and ready for new ones. Just need to replace one wheel bearing, reassemble parts, weld on tabs and hope I can line up everything to get the t-bars to slide back in, at the proper ride height!

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years ago #3995

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Well it's back together! Ride height is wihin 1/2 " of 4.5" on all 4 corners as measured by the bottom of the rocker panels. I guess corner weights will tell alot more concerning minor adjustments.
And for the first time in my life I have a car that sounds like a race car! Even if it is only a 4 cyl na engine...

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years ago #3996

Congrats Lee. Did you get the torsion tube back in by yourself ? That was not a fun job for me. I'm guessing that you did something new to your exhaust, since you've mentioned the new sound a couple of times. What'd you go with for that ?

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years ago #3997

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Yep. A good floor jack in the middle and not too much trouble. I installed the swing arms after the tube and bars were attached to the chassis. I puchased a bullet type, Magnaflow I think. I can hear my own car now when I'm get'n passed or vise versa!
See ya Friday. Dress warm I guess.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds