Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

The T-bar job sucks !!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: The T-bar job sucks !!

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years, 1 month ago #3765

Yeah, I did the tabs. I just broke one off. I know there's enough room to pull the bar out without a hole, but the hole has got to make it easier. I'm forced into that set-up now !

In order to get the bar out with no tab, now I'm thinking about just tapping the existing hole in the end of the bar and screwing in an eye-bolt. How deep does that hole go ?
Last Edit: 15 years, 1 month ago by cullenwinter.

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years, 1 month ago #3774

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Since I have not gotten that far yet; Is the purpose of the tab to have something to pull on or to turn the bar? Just wondering since the pics I have seen just show a 1"x1" maybe 1/8th " thick metal piece welded on the end with a hole in it.
Is the hole in the fender to pull the t-bar all the way out or access?
I read the re-indexing write-up in the tech section, took measurements. Is there something else I should read before procceding?
Thanks for the help on stupid questions. I don't have that much time and don't want to mess it up.
Last Edit: 15 years, 1 month ago by 944cer.

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years, 1 month ago #3779

correct and correct. Clark's garage has a good walk through on the T-bars under garage shop manual, and here: members.rennlist.com/944sandmore/torsbar1.htm and here: members.rennlist.com/944sandmore/torsbar2.htm

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years, 1 month ago #3780

Measure and protractors ... yuk.
Install the rear shock at the top and let it hang loose at the bottom. when the bolt will go right into the shock you are real close to 4" ride height. or call me and I will walk you through it.

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years, 1 month ago #3785

Here are my tabs:

MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion

Re:The T-bar job sucks !! 15 years, 1 month ago #3786

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Do I need the holes or do they just happen to be there?
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds