Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Torsion bars procedure with hole saw
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Torsion bars procedure with hole saw

Re:Torsion bars procedure with hole saw 14 years, 6 months ago #5914

• Big Dog
  • Banned
If you can replace the bushings on the arms as well, you should do it. ANY rubber will allow squirming of the suspension part that goes through them. That means you lose some precision and will have some level of difference in the suspension from corner to corner. While it may not be much, it is still there.

As was stated, though, they are easier to change later than the spring plate bushings are so those are the most important ones to do now.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:Torsion bars procedure with hole saw 14 years, 6 months ago #5922

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
I'm going to sell my 29mm bars and get 30s. I got them in a trade for my Fuchs...along with some cookie cutters w/ R888s and other stuff...so I'm not out anything major. I'll get the spring plate bushings and the bar bushings.
I'll email Ken and see when we can use his shop.

My car is almost finished. I went a little crazy with car building before getting a lot of track time. I did a day at Thunderhill and the '24 Hours of LeMons' at Buttonwillow this year...where I had the pleasure of meeting Big Dog (sorry about your DME issue! Remember me? In the blue/gold Luchador 944?). I'm doing the LeMons race in November at T-Hill also...so I'm not sitting idle. I might do Infineon next month too.
Next year I'm going to try to do at least a partial season, after I do the Driving Concepts school. The last one of the year was last weekend. I didn't have the funds to register.
All I need for my car is...
torsion bars
rt. side net
mirror (took it for LeMons car)
kill switch (took it for LeMons car)
fire system
transponder

I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
- Jeremy
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71

Re:Torsion bars procedure with hole saw 14 years, 6 months ago #5928

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
Ron and Jerry - How about the 14th or 15th of November? Ken says he will make time for us to use his shop. We just have to pick a date.
You guys are racing the weekend before the 14th...and I have the LeMons race the weekend after. It seems like the 14th or 15th is best. Are you guys available one day that weekend?
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71

Re:Torsion bars procedure with hole saw 14 years, 6 months ago #5929

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Currently clear both days but between the race weekend and Lemons after it would put me away from home 3 weekends in a row. Would rather not do that so maybe 2 weeks after Lemons ?
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Torsion bars procedure with hole saw 14 years, 6 months ago #5941

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
I totally understand that. I am tentatively planning on going to Victoria, BC the first week of December. It's not final yet. If I do...maybe we can do this the 12 or 13th of Dec?

Jerry, are you going to be at LeMons? On Kens team? I'll see you up there. My team has a 944 too. I told Ken to save us a spot next to you guys in the paddock.
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71

Re:Torsion bars procedure with hole saw 14 years, 6 months ago #5948

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
I'll be at Lemons with Ron and Ken

(And the Dec dates should be OK for me)
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552
Last Edit: 14 years, 6 months ago by JerryW.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds