Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+)

Re:New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+) 16 years ago #854

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
I won a 720p in the NorCal Drawings and it had it's first in the Feb race with a few issues. I ran it this last weekend and had the issues resolved.

I use an I/O Port camera mount and had to shim the bottom of the camera with a couple of washers to allow the door to close to turn off the camera. Then I found the battery can only be changed by unmounting from the mount and sliding the door off. The 12v cigerette lighter adaptor will only power (charge) the camera when it is powered off, however the 110v mains adaptor will power/charge the camera while it is on. I purchased a second mains adaptor, wired a 12V socket by the camera mount and used a small 12v/110v inverter to power the camera. I was able to leave the camera running all weekendwithout having to unmount and remount the camera constantly. I also purchased the remote control so I can just use that to start recording as I go out and off as I come off the track.

The video is adequate but the sound is poor. I removed the foil top and packed tissue in the mike cavity to reduce the wind noise. That seemed to help.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:New Aiptek HD 1080P camcorder (A-HD+) 16 years ago #855

where is the video Jerry .. ? we want to do some scouting on you before miller.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds