• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Which switch powers the nitrous bottle?

Re: Painless Wiring 11 years, 11 months ago #13123

I haven't even had to open the valve yet this year

Re: Painless Wiring 11 years, 11 months ago #13124

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
That's it, I'm done letting you win because I feel bad for you people! I didn't want to rub in the fact that not only do I have hollywood good looks and big muscles, not to mention Steven Hawking smarts, I'm also the best driver, but I think the time is right for me to give y'all a hard life lesson. Some of us are better and some of you drive green,red, or white cars!

Might as well just give me the champions trophy now and save us all a lot of time and money.

Re: Painless Wiring 11 years, 11 months ago #13126

That new setup going to your head?

Re: Painless Wiring 11 years, 11 months ago #13127

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
I guess i got lucky. Went to a local hot rod shop and they had this for $100.

Really simple to hook up. I just finished restoring a 1974 Triumph TR6 and had some left over wire that came in handy. I bought a wiring harness from a company called. www.advanceautowire.com The wire he uses in his harnesses are by far the best i have seen. He may just sell you some wire if yoiu need it. To solder a connection you just strip the wire and put on a non-insulated connector. Crimp it then use a blow torch to solder it. Then heat shrink. The connections you make will be very professional looking and will not fail. The wire he uses does not burn. The porsche stuff is good. Just not this good. Last i heard he is going to make a race car harness.
The painless harness i got just has a bunch of fuses and a couple relays. It was important to me to keep the car street legal so i still needed a couple more circuits than just a race car. Follow the directions and it should be straight forward. I had minimal trouble shooting to do other than not having nuts on the back of my gauges.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 years, 11 months ago by seafeye.
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds