Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

1987 Build in Charlotte N.C.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C.

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 5 months ago #12268

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I have found that, with a halo seat, it needs to be mounted as low as possible and as far back as possible. I attached extensions to the pedals so I could reach them with the seat low and back. By doing that, I felt much more comfortable and can exit the car with helmet and Hans on. Of course, it took 3 times to get the seat to where it needed to be to be able to exit the car. My extensions were not 2" though. You might want to experiment by putting some temporary extensions on the pedals with racer tape to see how if works/feels.

Extending the pedals is not a problem, in my experience. The limit, of course, is being able to reach the shifter when buckled in tight.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 5 months ago #12299

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Got to work yesterday and today. Did a lot of scraping and grinding with a wire brush. Ruined some old clothes in the process. As with others i found that chemicals don't do as near as a good job as some air tools and a wire wheel. Tomorrow will lay some paint....
Attachments:

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 5 months ago #12302

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
The nascar boys wanted to see grey interior. I fought them off and ended up getting "Fleet White". All in all happy with the results but wish i grinded off more seal sealer up by my feet. And the trunk could have been better but it is just a race car.....
Attachments:

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 5 months ago #12303

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
I don't think i am going to use the Sparco Circuit if anyone is interested. I think a Pro2000 is more my speed. (And size). I am a 32" waist and have difficulty in the Circuit seat. I have it on Craigslist for $375. 944 guys can have it for $325. But you get to figure out how to ship it.
I took the cover off to get it dry-cleaned. and a tear fixed. That cost me $40. No bracket cause i am using it for the other seat.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by seafeye.

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 5 months ago #12304

What's the date? I think I want it and I can come get it from Greenville , or we can meet at a SE event.

Thanks,
Michael

Re: 1987 Build in Charlotte N.C. 12 years, 5 months ago #12305

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Crap, don't know off hand. If i guess i would say 2004
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds